Oppps...
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Oppps... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:02 am
    ----
Found this site while surfing around. Brings to mind a great quote related to me by a friend who accidently 'punched' a guntube into a farm house while manuevering thru a town in Germany.

" Get Your Living Room out of my GunTube...!!!! " Mr. Green

Tanker Humor....

Link: 1999 Tank Accident

Don

#2: Re: Oppps... Author: SabotLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:40 pm
    ----
Almost happened to me in 1988. Track broke and we could only go straight.

#3: Re: Oppps... Author: T13b1(be)Location: belgium PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:41 pm
    ----
Hee thats a " leo" from belgium where I' m from .
A translation in a nutshell.

First it's a list of the number of firefigthers and there material. There where only 2 people of the crew wounded of the house wasn't anybody at home. The house had to be supported

#4: Re: Oppps... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:48 pm
    ----
When I saw this, I figured that perhaps the avid model builder 'out-there' might be able to make a real 'kick ass' diarama out of the photos provided on the website.

Just a thought.

Don

#5: Re: Oppps... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:35 pm
    ----
I've already posted the pics of the PX and MP station at Ft. Knox in '73....'course, that episode was on purpose and not an "accident" (for which the perpetrator paid dearly....six years hard labor at Leavenworth, IIRC).

#6: Re: Oppps... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:16 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
I've already posted the pics of the PX and MP station at Ft. Knox in '73....'course, that episode was on purpose and not an "accident" (for which the perpetrator paid dearly....six years hard labor at Leavenworth, IIRC).

Doug

I thought about THAT, when I saw the photos, also.

This has good multi-angles to the incident, and the recovery. I still think it would make an interesting 'cold war' era diorama.

When I checked out the linked map to the area, I thought that was quite interesting also.

That series of LEO 1, seems to be the same that competed in the 1989 CAT.

....Sorry if I keep 'harping' on that, (CAT 89). It was one of those periods of my life and professional career that made quite an impression on me. The intensity took years to overcome, eventhough I rotated back to the 'States, a mere 10 days following the competition's completion.

Don

#7: Re: Oppps... Author: Maple_Leaf_Eh PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:17 pm
    ----
"Immédiatement les moyens sont activés et, à 11h23, 14 pompiers sont sur les lieux avec une autopompe, une autopompe 4 x 4, un véhicule de désincarcération, un autoélévateur, une voiture de commandement, un véhicule matériel et une ambulance."

14 firemen responded; 1 pumper truck; 1 4x4 pumper; 1 rescue vehicle; 1 "self-raiser"???; a CP; a material vehicle AND an ambulance. That adds up to two guys per vehicle !

#8: Re: Oppps... Author: Maple_Leaf_Eh PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:21 pm
    ----
- Maple_Leaf_Eh
1 "self-raiser"???;

A ladder truck with a long extended boom.

-> AFV News Discussion Board