Lingle for sale
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Lingle for sale Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:38 am
    ----
Well, I don't think Roy is for sale but someone near Seattle has a M114 available:

M114

No affiliation with the seller.

#2: Re: Lingle for sale Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:49 am
    ----
- toadmanstankpictures
Well, I don't think Roy is for sale but someone near Seattle has a M114 available:

Roy is an optional upgrade... It really depends how many other toys you have as to whether you can afford him or not Wink

Cool

#3: Re: Lingle for sale Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:03 am
    ----
Hi Folks!

32K for a Lingle and a trailier to haul it around on? Sad Sad Sad Sad

That's why I work with 1/35 scale models! Razz

Nice looking M114. I wonder why they are calling it a T114?
Looks like a standard M114 with the first generation split TC's hatch and flex mount for the M2HB.

As for me not being for sale, you all would have to ask the wife. At 30K, she just might be interested. Mr. Green
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#4: Re: Lingle for sale Author: Buq-Buq PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:08 pm
    ----
Hey Roy (errr, Mr. Lingle):

It looks like that Lingle (err, M114) has a stalk-mounted periscope fitted. In the third and last pictures, the guy in the observer's hatch has his hand resting on it. It also shows up pretty good in the fourth picture. Is that a normal piece of equipment? My Lingle reference material is pretty sparse; but I don't see the periscope in any of the pictures in Hunnicutt's "Bradley".

Does anyone have any good 3-views of this baby?

Mark

#5: Re: Lingle for sale Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:26 pm
    ----
- Roy_A_Lingle
As for me not being for sale, you all would have to ask the wife. At 30K, she just might be interested. Mr. Green
Sgt, Scouts Out!

Is that the asking price, or what she's prepared to pay to get you off her hands?

(Tell her I'm neatly situated between the ocean and a desert, so disposal of the body will present no insurmountable problems... Twisted Evil )

#6: Re: Lingle for sale Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:54 pm
    ----
Hi Mark! Hi Folks!

- Buq-Buq
Hey Roy (errr, Mr. Lingle):

It looks like that Lingle (err, M114) has a stalk-mounted periscope fitted. In the third and last pictures, the guy in the observer's hatch has his hand resting on it. It also shows up pretty good in the fourth picture. Is that a normal piece of equipment? My Lingle reference material is pretty sparse; but I don't see the periscope in any of the pictures in Hunnicutt's "Bradley".

During my time with M114s, I never saw anything like that item, what ever it is. Without clearer photos, I am guessing it is mounted on a hole for a radio antenna base. All the observer's had on all the vehicles I was around was a periscope that plugged into a turn table mounted in his hatch.

Here is a photo that Jeff and his son Jeffrey took at Ft. Hood and poster at this DG some time ago.

The turn table in the observer's hatch is missing, but the one for the driver's hatch is there and is missing the armored plug for the hole. The top of the periscope that plugged into those holes only stuck up about three or maybe four inchs. Nothing like that device on the restored vehicle.

While it would not get in the way of the flex mounted M2 very much, it would be a major obstacle for an 'A1' and a minor one for an 'A1E1'(A2) as long as the power system was still working.

Spot Report!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#7: Re: Lingle for sale Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:35 pm
    ----
- Roy_A_Lingle
Nothing like that device on the restored vehicle.

While it would not get in the way of the flex mounted M2 very much, it would be a major obstacle for an 'A1' and a minor one for an 'A1E1'(A2) as long as the power system was still working.

It comes from an M901/M981....

Cool

#8: Re: Lingle for sale Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:42 pm
    ----
Hi old G Troop buddy! Hi Folks!

- Doug_Kibbey

Is that the asking price, or what she's prepared to pay to get you off her hands?

(Tell her I'm neatly situated between the ocean and a desert, so disposal of the body will present no insurmountable problems... Twisted Evil )

I think I will delete this DG from my PC so she will never read any of this! Sad Sad Sad Sad

Running for cover!
Sgt, Scouts out!

#9: Re: Lingle for sale Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:45 pm
    ----
Hi Jim! Hi Folks!

- JimWeb

It comes from an M901/M981....

I think that makes my guess about it being mounted on an antenna openning correct. That location on that M901/M981 is also where an antenna hole is.

Interesting!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

-> AFV News Discussion Board