Surviving Panzers website
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 53, 54, 55  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#166: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:28 pm
    ----
Hi folks

to get back to the Sherman dozers

I recieved my copy of Military Vehicles International last weekend
There is an article in it about the British Budge collection

I know the collection has been broken up in the 80's
However among the vehicle's in the picture's is an Israeli Super Sherman
This vehicle has fittings along the running gear for an dozer blade

Michel

#167: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:34 pm
    ----
Michel,

each vehicle listed on the "Surviving Panzers" website can't be listed twice in 2 different PDF files.
The tank you are talking about (shown here ) should be listed among the "Post-WW2 vehicles based
on Sherman chassis", even if it has fittings for the Dozer blade. That's a choice..

P-O

#168: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:22 pm
    ----
Hi P-O

no problem

I can not keep track on all the files, so I just mentioned it Mr. Green

Michel

#169: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:27 pm
    ----
By the way, it is now part of the MVTF collection in Portola, CA.

P-O

#170: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:02 pm
    ----
Hi P-O

I have found something for the Sherman Firefly register

It's the Firefly that is at Amersfoort
The picture is taken at the Cavalry museum location, in 1985

I recognize the building in the back ground, because it's the main building of the museum

This is the same vehicle that is mentioned in the book: Sherman Firefly, from Mark Hayward from 2001

It is 100% that this is the same vehicle because of the PaK 40 muzzle brake fitted to the main gun

According the book it's part of the museum collection

The link to the wikipedia page:
commons.wikimedia.org/...sfoort.jpg

The copyright holder of the picture, released it into the public domain. This applies worldwide

Michel

#171: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:03 am
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
Hi P-O

I have found something for the Sherman Firefly register

It's the Firefly that is at Amersfoort
The picture is taken at the Cavalry museum location, in 1985

I recognize the building in the back ground, because it's the main building of the museum

This is the same vehicle that is mentioned in the book: Sherman Firefly, from Mark Hayward from 2001

It is 100% that this is the same vehicle because of the PaK 40 muzzle brake fitted to the main gun

According the book it's part of the museum collection

The link to the wikipedia page:
commons.wikimedia.org/...sfoort.jpg

The copyright holder of the picture, released it into the public domain. This applies worldwide

Michel

Is this Firefly still at Amersfoort?
You don't have it listed in the NED AFVs reg.

P-O

#172: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:47 am
    ----
Hi P-O

- the_shadock
Is this Firefly still at Amersfoort?
You don't have it listed in the NED AFVs reg

At the time of the first release I did not even know there had been an Firefly at Amersfoort, so i did not look for it

If it is still at Amersfoort, I can not tell you
I could find nothing more up-to-date then 2001
However I can also find nothing of the gap from 1945 to 1985 and gap between 1985 and 2001

However this year an lot of equipment appears if which an lot of people assumed that it was scrapped or sold
For example
- the Centurion KX-10-30 that showed up at Oirschot
i39.tinypic.com/nvzl7l.jpg

- the M24 Chaffee RN 3314 that was spotted at an open house day of the cavalry museum Amersfoort and has been missing since 2003
www.military-vehicle-p...er1028.asp

I would not be suprised if the Firefly showed up again

The longer I'm searching for AFV's in the Netherlands, the more I get the impression there is more in the various depot's then we all know

Michel

#173: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:59 am
    ----
So I'll wait for the Firefly to show up again anywhere in the Netherlands. I wouldn't like to add a picture taken in 1985 in the PDF file, and would prefer to get a more recent one.

P-O

#174: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 5:22 pm
    ----
well, I've finally changed my mind and added this Firefly to the register, even if the photo was taken in 1985. I got an email from Joe DeMarco who told me that this Firefly is currently having some restoration works being done and has the Serial Number 5228.

P-O

#175: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 7:11 pm
    ----
Have the Bovington Tank Museum a Grizzly: www.flickr.com/photos/...580950091/

#176: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 4:26 pm
    ----
Panhard 178 hull ? in Djibouti

www.flickr.com/photos/...774135415/

#177: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 7:07 pm
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
Hi P-O

- the M24 Chaffee RN 3314 that was spotted at an open house day of the cavalry museum Amersfoort and has been missing since 2003
www.military-vehicle-p...er1028.asp

The longer I'm searching for AFV's in the Netherlands, the more I get the impression there is more in the various depot's then we all know

Michel

I think a lot is repainted. On the link above is another M24 with serial KX-15-57. I think this is a fake r/n. M24 KX-18-38 (which I think is fake also) is inside and the other M24 the museum had, and was always outside was the s/n 451, r/n 33293. The Museum of the technical troops at Zeisterspoor 1, Soesterberg also has a M24.

BTW, is this the same Sherman firefly, it was taken in 2003.

Regards,
Lesley

#178: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:11 am
    ----
- bialy-r

I wonder what you would end up with after scraping the barnacles off of those M5s? And how much of that Sherman is still there?

Neat pics, anyway.

C

#179: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:16 am
    ----
Check out all the jeeps, and there was a Bugatti engine block too.
And this.....
68 Torino
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

#180: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: Koluchiy PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:17 am
    ----
Hello, Pierre-Olivier.

I've looked your file about T-34-76s.

"Krasnodar Edge" is something unimaginable :).
There should be a word "territory" or at least "region".

-> AFV News Discussion Board