Surviving Panzers website
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 53, 54, 55  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#316: Re: Surviving Panzers website Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:32 pm
    ----

Another Israeli Cromwell survivor?
www.ww2f.com/weapons-t...nks-4.html

#317: Re: Surviving Panzers website Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:46 pm
    ----
Does another FT still survive in Afghanistan?

#318: Re: Surviving Panzers website Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:59 pm
    ----
Another AMX13 conversion.

#319: Re: Surviving Panzers website Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:12 pm
    ----
[quote="Pzkpfw-e"]
Another Israeli Cromwell survivor?
/quote]

I don't think so, for me that's an old photo of the Cromwell which is now a part of WWII Memorial in Latrum

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...trun-1.jpg

#320: Re: Surviving Panzers website Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:27 pm
    ----
- the_shadock
- Pzkpfw-e
IoW Military Museum, website says they have 6 Churchills on site for "restoration". Only 1 plus a turret on the .pdf.
www.isleofwightmilitar...page3.html

I think that Trevor Larkum could confirm this, IIRC he visited the Isle of Wight museum some months ago. If we are lucky enough, he could have some pictures too.

Pierre-Olivier

I have 420 photos from IOWMM in my backlog waiting to go online. From a quick skim through them looking for Churchills:

1. Hull inside, painted green, with tracks.
2. Hull outside, rusty, no tracks.
3. Hull outside, rusty, with tracks.
4. Hull in a lean to, rusty, with tracks.
5. Complete tank inside, painted sand.

I also have photos of the A30 Challenger - it's in poor condition, they're restoring it for Bovington.

#321: Re: Surviving Panzers website Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:41 pm
    ----
- TrevorLarkum
I have 420 photos from IOWMM in my backlog waiting to go online. From a quick skim through them looking for Churchills:

1. Hull inside, painted green, with tracks.
2. Hull outside, rusty, no tracks.
3. Hull outside, rusty, with tracks.
4. Hull in a lean to, rusty, with tracks.
5. Complete tank inside, painted sand.

I also have photos of the A30 Challenger - it's in poor condition, they're restoring it for Bovington.

Trevor,

would you mind sending me via email one photo of each tank quoted above? thanks in advance. I'm very interested to see what the A30 looks like..

Pierre-Olivier

#322: Re: Surviving Panzers website Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:36 pm
    ----
Done.

#323: Re: Surviving Panzers website Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:40 am
    ----
Would you mind posting a shot of the A30 Challenger? I would love to see it.

Massimo

#324: Re: Surviving Panzers website Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:41 am
    ----
Trevor,
Could I use 3 of these pictures (2 of the missing Churchills and 1 of the A30) on "Surviving Panzers"?

thanks

Pierre-Olivier

#325: Re: Surviving Panzers website Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:23 pm
    ----
- the_shadock
Trevor,
Could I use 3 of these pictures (2 of the missing Churchills and 1 of the A30) on "Surviving Panzers"?

thanks

Pierre-Olivier

Of course, you're welcome.

- Massimo_Foti
Would you mind posting a shot of the A30 Challenger? I would love to see it.

Massimo

Here you go - it's in a bit of a state:

You can see one of the Churchills to the right (and the lean-to housing another one behind) plus a Charioteer to the left.

#326: Re: Surviving Panzers website Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:53 am
    ----
I remeber seeing a photo of a Challenger turret on a house, somewhere. Sure is was painted white. Same turret?

#327: Re: Surviving Panzers website Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:51 pm
    ----
- Pzkpfw-e
Duxford's Landwarfare Hall is closed over winter.
duxford.iwm.org.uk/ser...ebDoc.7031

- Massimo_Foti
Heck! That's would destroy my plans for next year Sad
Maybe Latrun could be a good option even in winter... If not I could be forced to move into planes museums instead

Massimo

PS We really should move this into a dedicated thread

well, the website says :
"From Monday 1 November 2010 until Saturday 19 March 2011, Land Warfare and Hangar 3: Air and Sea will be closed to the public. Download full revised winter opening arrangements(pdf version, 12.4KB)."

so it could be opened again for winter 2011-2012. Are these buildings closed every winter?

P-O

#328: Re: Surviving Panzers website Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:32 am
    ----
They started this winter, cost-saving measures, I believe. Whether they carry on or not, we don't know.

#329: Re: Surviving Panzers website Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:23 pm
    ----
Saipan, a very wrecked tank.

siranepake-co.jp/2011/02/2_424.html

And another.
[img]http://pds.exblog.jp/pds/1/200905%2F30%2F16%2Ff0071016_16281330.jpg[/img]
hobbyland.exblog.jp/
(Ah, we've got this one already! img2.blogs.yahoo.co.jp...1283644364 )

Last edited by Pzkpfw-e on Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

#330: Re: Surviving Panzers website Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:35 pm
    ----
A real wreck here.
www5f.biglobe.ne.jp/~p...21001.html

Chi-Ha.
Passing the last paragraph through Google Translate, it says:
"After that ?, this tank of Nasu "War Museum" is carried, the exhibition grounds (left?), so that is, this place is not nothing left now."
Moved to Nasu War Museum?

Edit-
Possibly this?

toy.hobidas.com/blog/k...s/2005/11/

-> AFV News Discussion Board