Surviving Panzers website
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 53, 54, 55  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#661: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:08 pm
    ----
Not sure how this one should be considered:
preservedtanks.com/Pro...4&Select=4

Massimo

#662: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:08 am
    ----
- TrevorLarkum
Nice work!

I don't see the bridgelayer at Cwmbran (or is it the one now at Chatham?). It's still showing in Google.

Trevor,

I do think it is the one now located at Chatham, until a photo taken in 2009 proves I am wrong (and if I'm wrong, that's excellent news !! because there seems to be only 1 complete Churchill bridgelayer still surviving.)

However, that's what I found on a forum :

"There used to be one outside the TA centre in Cwmbran gently rusting away. "
http://airfixtributeforum.myfastforum.org/ftopic3588-0-asc-0.php

P-O

#663: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:03 am
    ----
Still working on "new" things..

Sherman Ic, Hybrid Ic and Vc :

http://the.shadock.free.fr/Surviving_Sherman_Fireflies.pdf

Wink

P-O

#664: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:17 pm
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
No offence to our British friends, however it was not an real master piece of design or performance

Michel

Well, I would prefer to get a Churchill instead of a Comet, as a vehicle for my collection.
It's maybe because there are many Churchill as monuments in Normandy and Britanny, and because there are no Comets displayed as monuments in France..

P-O

#665: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:03 pm
    ----
- the_shadock
there are nearly 100 surviving Churchill tanks... and for this file, I was able to get high-quality pictures for some tanks, that's why the file is bigger

Sorry P-O, just fooling around an little

However it still suprises that there are that many survivors
No offence to our British friends, however it was not an real master piece of design or performance

Michel

#666: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:43 pm
    ----
Nice work!

I don't see the bridgelayer at Cwmbran (or is it the one now at Chatham?). It's still showing in Google.

#667: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:20 am
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
That's make me wonder what you have listed

Not every English tank is an Churchill you know
Just like the fact that every German tank reported on the Western front in WW2, wasn't an Tiger Wink

Michel

Michel,

there are nearly 100 surviving Churchill tanks... and for this file, I was able to get high-quality pictures for some tanks, that's why the file is bigger.

P-O

#668: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:57 pm
    ----
it's a 10 MB file

That's make me wonder what you have listed

Not every English tank is an Churchill you know
Just like the fact that every German tank reported on the Western front in WW2, wasn't an Tiger Wink

Michel

#669: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:24 pm
    ----
Again, after our discussions about Churchills located in England, you would not be surprised to find this :

http://the.shadock.free.fr/Surviving_Churchills.pdf

Beware : it's a 10 MB file

Wink

P-O

#670: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:26 pm
    ----
you would not be surprised to find this :

http://the.shadock.free.fr/Surviving_Sherman_Dozers.pdf

Wink

P-O

#671: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:49 pm
    ----
- Tichenor
its from a private collection In Turnhout, Belgium ( the same owner as the M4(105) Joe Dope, the M4(105) previous at Poteau and the T-34/85 witch was last year at Tanks in Town.

Michel

Could we add all the list to the Belgium AFVs register?

P-O

#672: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:41 pm
    ----
P-O

Some remarks on the Grizzly list:

This one is in a private collection but its locationisn't Belgium but it's Luxembourg.

the one with the unknown location where you made the picture, did you make it at tanks in town two years back? If so the its from a private collection In Turnhout, Belgium ( the same owner as the M4(105) Joe Dope, the M4(105) previous at Poteau and the T-34/85 witch was last year at Tanks in Town.

Michel

#673: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:06 pm
    ----
I suspect thats their tracking number - which probably gives a good idea just how much stuff is on their books.

#674: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:59 pm
    ----
that's great, thanks !!

BTW, there was no Grizzly produced with a SN 3305..
The Shop No. range is from 1 to 188.

Pierre-Olivier

#675: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:13 pm
    ----

-> AFV News Discussion Board