Surviving Panzers website
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 53, 54, 55  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#76: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: comtech0057 PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:15 pm
    ----
The name of the album that this photo came from is "Muzej Kozara" and I did some checking and it is apparently is a Museum, so hopefully it will be preserved. This is what I could find out about the Museum;

Name: Muzej Kozara (Kozara Museum)
Address: Nikole Pašiæa, 79101 Prijedor
Telephone: 062 21334
Founded: 1953
Type of museum: Regional museum
Types of holdings: Art: 400 paintings of the Prijedor School;
Archaeology: 900 important exhibits, mainly pre-history including two
5th C. Celtic-Illyrian helmets, Roman and some medieval; Ethnology:
400 artifacts of the Kozara region; History: 2,000 documents and
other artifacts relating to WWII in the Kozara region.
Staff: Milenko Radivojec
Publications: exhibition

Mike

#77: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:28 pm
    ----
New files for 12/20/2008 :

German World War 2 armoured vehicles : SdKfz. 222, SdKfz. 223, SdKfz. 231, SdKfz. 234, Sdkfz. 4/1 15cm Panzerwerfer 42 auf Maultier

Japanese World War 2 tankettes and light tanks : Type 94 Te-Ke, Type 97 Te-Ke, Type 95 Ha-Go, Type 4 Ke-Nu, Type 2 Ka-Mi Amphibious, Type 95 Ri-Ki Crane Vehicle

Japanese World War 2 medium tanks : Type 89B I-Go Otsu, Type 97 Chi-Ha and Shinhoto Chi-Ha, Type 3 Chi-Nu, Type 1 Ho-Ni SPG, Type 4 Ho-Ro SPG, Type 95 So-Ki Armored Railroad Car

Special thanks to Trevor Larkum for having put online the extraordinary "Preserved Japanese Tanks" online, which was a great help to make these files complete.

P-O

#78: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:21 pm
    ----
Hello Pierre-Olivier,
About the Comet file. You have some Comets listed as ''probably at the Otterburn ranges''.

The site were the photos come from has several times the word ''plain/plains'' in it.

It could be the Salisbury Plains. Years and years ago I was there and there are a lot of tankwrecks over there.

Fot Otterburn I have only Chieftain wrecks.

Unfortunately I wasn't into wrecks and relics that time....

regards,
Lesley

#79: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:20 pm
    ----
- L.Delsing
Hello Pierre-Olivier,
About the Comet file. You have some Comets listed as ''probably at the Otterburn ranges''.

The site were the photos come from has several times the word ''plain/plains'' in it.

It could be the Salisbury Plains. Years and years ago I was there and there are a lot of tankwrecks over there.

Fot Otterburn I have only Chieftain wrecks.

Unfortunately I wasn't into wrecks and relics that time....

regards,
Lesley

Lesley,

thanks for this remark. The exact location has to be confirmed, because it is indicated nowhere. I'll try to contact the guy who took the photos and ask him.

P-O

#80: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:36 pm
    ----
Hello Pierre-Olivier,
I had also a Comet at the National army museum, Royal Hospital Road Chelsea in Londen.

There was a Comet at Belsen, Niedersachsen, Germany at Hohne Camp (British army barracks), it is since log gone. Do you know were it went?

Comet at Belsen, Germany

Regards,
Lesley

#81: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:32 am
    ----
Lesley,

no idea where the Comet in Belsen finally went..

Pierre-Olivier

#82: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: palic PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:08 pm
    ----
Well, chaps,
have you ever heard about Finnish converting Comet to anti-ship missile TERMIT/STYX (Soviet made) launcher?

The guy who requested more details on that vehicle supposed that to be an ARV conversion but we have found something more... Russian site in English.

Look here: forum.valka.cz/viewtop...hp/t/79292

and follow below quoted links to Finnish Naval Arty museum.

Hope the link is active...

palic

#83: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:40 pm
    ----
How strange.

#84: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:14 pm
    ----
P-O,
Dont know if you caught this before on this site, but this looks like a late Ram Mk II on the Salisbury Plain ranges...

s144.photobucket.com/a...t=WW29.jpg

Neil

#85: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:53 pm
    ----
Neil,

how did I manage not to see that RAM? I guess I was blinded because it looked too much like a Sherman..

thanks

Pierre-Olivier

#86: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:04 pm
    ----
Yeah, I'll admit I skipped it at first... I almost thought it was an S-35, then realized the drivers hatch was on the wrong side - and probably other differences as well Wink

I was looking through your Australian & Canadian tanks file when I realized it was a Ram...

BTW, I am working on the UK Register again...

Neil

#87: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:44 pm
    ----
P-O,
Another change for you, André Flener tells me that the Ardennen Poteau '44 Museum has sold its SU-100 to an unnamed private collector in France.

Neil

#88: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:36 pm
    ----
Neil,

yes I've seen it, here it is, in the ASPHM collection near Strasbourg :

http://www.asphm.com/vehicules/su-100/su-100.html

The SU-100 list is already updated.
I'm quite surprised to see that this SU-100 was sold, maybe André could tell us why? I was under the impression that the owner of the Poteau museum would keep it, as it is very uncommon in Western Europe.

Pierre-Olivier

#89: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:58 pm
    ----
He didnt say why, but FWIW, he said the Poteau museum also sold their M4(105) Sherman and two Half-Track wrecks to collectors in Belgium.

Neil

#90: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:58 pm
    ----
New register :

M26 Pershing register

The file may contain some mistakes, as I don't know how to recognize an M26 Pershing from an M46 Patton..

this is the photos I'm looking for :

Two M26 Pershings – Comprensorio Militare di Lenta (Italy)
M26 Pershing – National Guard Militia Museum of New Jersey, Sea Girt, NJ (USA)
M26 Pershing – NCO Academy, Fort Jackson, SC (USA)
M26 Pershing – WW2 Vehicle Museum and Learning Center, Hubbard, OH (USA)
M26 Pershing – AMVETS, Franklin, KY (USA)
Two M26A1 Pershings – Richardson Motor Pool, Patton Museum, Fort Knox, KY (USA)
M26 Pershing – Mississippi Armed Forces Museum storage lots, Camp Shelby, Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
M26 Pershing – Fort Irwin, CA (USA)

thanks

Pierre-Olivier

Last edited by the_shadock on Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

-> AFV News Discussion Board