Surviving Panzers website
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 53, 54, 55  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#796: Re: Surviving panzers webpage Author: PolarLocation: Poland PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:36 am
    ----
- the_shadock
New PDF list :

IS-2 and IS-2M tanks at http://the.shadock.free.fr/Surviving_IS2.pdf

Again, I shared the work with Rafal Bielecki, thanks to him for his help.

By the way, I was unsuccessful in precisely detemine how many IS-2 they have at the "Museum of the Great Patriotic War" at Kiev, maybe 5 or 6, or more.. Who could tell me how many of them are in this collection?

Pierre-Olivier

First
Exellent work
Did you can changed all adress photos from my website (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/Polar123...) on correct adress polar123.fm.interia.pl/czolgip.html (Debica, Krakow, Siekierki, Pyrzyce and Lebork). Adress img.photobucket.com/al...olar123... is only server where I stored photos
Next
Dariusz Tyrpin, May 2006 - img.photobucket.com/al...C07059.jpg

This photo wasn't doing by Dariusz Tyrpin- This photo is from Regional Museum in Debica

You should add this turret free.polbox.pl/l/leszekch/vis2.jpg from Lubuskie Military Museum from Dzonow

Propably in Lembork is another IS-2 on military area - you can add it to end section.

#797: Re: Surviving panzers webpage Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:55 am
    ----
- Roy_A_Lingle
Hi Polar! Hi Folks!
Any details on what is going to happen to that vehicle or the story on how it ended up in that lake?

About this tank: it's factory 183 (UralVagonZavod) vehicle, summer-fall 1942 production. All crew members is survived, tank commander still alive. Inside this vehicle founded 75 76-mm gun rounds.

BTW it's 4-th T-34 from this area. Previous vehicles:

Moscow Pioneer

angriff.narod.ru/arche...oisk03.htm

Dovator

www.kubinka.ru/newinde...amp;lang=1
tanksinmoscow.ru/index_01.htm

Sniper

kubinka.ru/newindex.ph...amp;lang=1

#798: Re: Surviving panzers webpage Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 3:41 pm
    ----
Hi Polar! Hi Folks!

- Polar
Next T-34 was fouded 3 march this year in Russia
www.pln-pskov.ru/photo...41184.html

Great set of photos that were taken on a cloudy day!

Any details on what is going to happen to that vehicle or the story on how it ended up in that lake?

Details Please!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#799: Re: Surviving panzers webpage Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 6:46 pm
    ----
- the_shadock

There is something that I don't understand : the first tank on my list is said to be the "Koshkin tank", which was developed at the very beginning of the war and was one of the first T-34 produced. Can it have been produced in summer 1941?

In fact, production of T-34 started in august 1940. From august 1940 to march 1941 used L-11 gun, from march 1941 F-34 gun.
Tank in Kubinka can't be one of the first T-34 in principal. In june 1941 Red Army have somethingl like 1200 T-34.

#800: Re: Surviving panzers webpage Author: PolarLocation: Poland PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 3:07 pm
    ----
Next T-34 was fouded 3 march this year in Russia
www.pln-pskov.ru/photo...41184.html

#801: Re: Surviving panzers webpage Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 6:15 am
    ----
- Taranov
T-34 list (in fact, in Red Army NOT used T-34/76 index - just T-34)

#1 - Kubinka. It's spring-summer 1941 production, factory 183 (KhPZ). Used in armoured train as a pillbox.

More to come.

There is something that I don't understand : the first tank on my list is said to be the "Koshkin tank", which was developed at the very beginning of the war and was one of the first T-34 produced. Can it have been produced in summer 1941?

P-O

#802: Re: Surviving panzers webpage Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:48 pm
    ----
T-34 list (in fact, in Red Army NOT used T-34/76 index - just T-34)

#1 - Kubinka. It's spring-summer 1941 production, factory 183 (KhPZ). Used in armoured train as a pillbox.
#2 - Saumur. It's 1942 production vehicle, factory 112
#3 - Ps. 231-1. It's summer-fall 1941 production vehicle, STZ (first series, with early style driver's hatch and turret's tail).
#4 - Ps. 231-2. Fall-winter 1941 vehicle, STZ, with new turret's tail.
#5 - Ps. 231-3. It's spring-summer 1941 production, factory 183 (KhPZ).
#6 - Polish Army Museum. It's 1942 production vehicle, factory 112
#7 - Gdansk. It's 1942 production vehicle, STZ.
#8 - Kolobzeg. Looks like a 1942 production vehicle, factory 112
#9 - New Petrovtsy. Looks like a 1942 production vehicle, factory 112
#10 - Poklonnaya Hill. 1942 production vehicle, factory 112
#11 - Poklonnaya Hill. T-34/85 (Factory 174) hull and STZ 1942 production turret.
#12 - Central Armed Forces Museum. 1942 production vehicle, factory 112
#13 - Naro-Fomisk. 1942 production vehicle, factory 112
#14 - Medyn. It's summer-fall 1941 production vehicle, STZ, cast turret
#15 - Taman. Looks like a 1942 production vehicle, factory 112
#16 - Tambov. Hull of Factory 112 1942 production, turret of STZ 1942 production.
#17 - Aberdeen. It's spring-summer 1941 production, factory 183 (KhPZ).

More to come.

#803: Re: Surviving panzers webpage Author: PolarLocation: Poland PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:13 am
    ----
You should add repro of 7 TP what is doing in Bielsko Biala

link with photos www.military-zone.pl/r...,k,0,pgn,1

This repro will be base on orginal parts found in many places in Poland

#804: Re: Surviving panzers webpage Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:40 am
    ----
I have these vehicles :
-Tk-3
-Tks
-C2P
-"Kubus"
-Ford FT-B (reproduction)
-Peugeot 1918 (reproduction)
-Armored Car wz.34 (Reproduction)
-"Kubus" (reproduction)
-parts of 7TP tank
-Vicker Type E Mk B turret

and that's it for the moment. The list was provided to me by Rafal "Bialy", and I decided not to add or remove anything for the moment, as I didn't do further researches about Polish pre-1945 vehicles yet. However any suggestion to improve the document is welcome.

Pierre-Olivier

#805: Re: Surviving panzers webpage Author: PolarLocation: Poland PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:31 am
    ----
- the_shadock
Yes of course, I'm very interested in publishing such a document !! I'm currently working on a Polish pre-1945 armoured vehicles, and I'll do the Italian tanks file later, probably in May. Then, I think that I'll try to list the German half-tracks..

Pierre-Olivier

What vehicles do you have on Polish list?
Did you have only vehicles produce by Polish or in service too?

#806: Re: Surviving panzers webpage Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:12 pm
    ----
Neil, the CZ/German tanks are already included in the "captured and modified tanks" file :

German vehicles based on captured and modified foreign equipment :
PzKpfw. 35 (t), PzKpfw 38 (t), 10.5 cm leFH 18(Sf) auf Geschützwagen, Marder I, Panzerjäger I, Marder III, Grille, Munitionspanzer 38 (t) :

http://the.shadock.free.fr/Surviving_Modified_Foreign_Vehicles.pdf

Pierre-Olivier

Last edited by the_shadock on Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:45 pm; edited 2 times in total

#807: Re: Surviving panzers webpage Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:51 pm
    ----
Pierre-Olivier, where do Czechoslovak/German tanks fall in terms of priority?

Neil

#808: Re: Surviving panzers webpage Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:57 pm
    ----
Oh yeah. The LT/PzKpw 35 and LT/PzKpf 38 were used in front-line service with panzer divisions during the invasions of Poland, France and the Soviet Union. French and other tanks were generally only used for internal & rear area security - not front line combat.

Neil

#809: Re: Surviving panzers webpage Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:06 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
the LT 38 first entered service with the German army as the PzKpfw 38(t) - it was designed for, but never entered service with the Czechoslovak army. The LT-35 was used by the Czechoslovak army, but saw actual combat service with the German army from 1939-~1942

I didn't know.. so we could consider them both as German tanks..

- Neil_Baumgardner
Also, keep in mind you've already done one non-German subject: FT-17s

That's an exception. Keep in mind that in France we really love exceptions Mr. Green .. In fact I have done this list for a friend and decided to publish it too.. I would like to list all Italian tanks, Japanese maybe too.. and for French tanks we will see one day or another..

P-O

#810: Re: Surviving panzers webpage Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:11 pm
    ----
Pierre-Olivier,
This is an interesting question & a good subject for debate. In general, I think the Czeck tanks have been considered "German" for two basic reasons: 1) Bohemia & Moravia was directly incorporated into the Reich; specifically Skoda was brought into the German industrial base; 2) the LT 38 first entered service with the German army as the PzKpfw 38(t) - it was designed for, but never entered service with the Czechoslovak army. The LT-35 was used by the Czechoslovak army, but saw actual combat service with the German army from 1939-~1942.

Also, keep in mind you've already done one non-German subject: FT-17s. No reason you cant branch out further. Czech tanks are a good spin-off subject from German tanks. After that you could start on other French tanks!

Neil

-> AFV News Discussion Board