"Saints and Soldiers"
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: "Saints and Soldiers" Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:34 pm
    ----
has anyone seen this movie? what did you think of it?

#2: Re: "Saints and Soldiers" Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:51 pm
    ----
One of my fav's!

#3: Re: "Saints and Soldiers" Author: Dubliner PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:04 pm
    ----
nt

Last edited by Dubliner on Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

#4: Re: "Saints and Soldiers" Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:50 am
    ----
yes, i saw it. i enjoyed it for what it was.
ah, i wasnt the only one who was annoyed by the 101st being there.
it was the 285th's convoy that got shot up and captured/executed.

it was nice to see the reenactors? i noticed they filmed it in utah, etc. but i didnt see any thanks to any specific reenacting groups-- just thanks to the individuals themselves. what units took part in the filming?
glad to have seen the tracks. they had a quad 50 guntruck. i was hoping they would have had some real armor in the film.

i thought it was a good movie, had good and bad. on the bad--
i really didnt like how they showed the massacre. it was an ordered murder, execution of prisoners. it wasn't an "ify", they tried to run, etc. someone fired, next thing everyone is shooting kinda situation...
it was systematic killing, it was murder.

#5: Re: "Saints and Soldiers" Author: ChrisC PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:56 am
    ----
I actually applaud this movie for not depicting the Malmedy Massacre as some sort of planned event executed my black uniformed monacle wering SS men who drove around looking for prisoners to shoot.... All the evidence on the massacre suggests it was a spontaneous event, the real reason for it will never be known as no one who could answer the question for sure (from either side) survived the war. For all we know, the version depicted in this film may have merit.

Overall, I like the movie and have added it to the collection

-> AFV News Discussion Board