Heads up! New sheriff in town....
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Heads up! New sheriff in town.... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:47 pm
    ----
As I've hit an all time high for travel this year, and with two trips more to go yet, I've asked Bob Smart to help out with moderator duties here, since he's a confirmed armor fan and he's on the site a lot. Most of you "know" Bob either virtually or in reality and I'm sure he'll do right by the DG when the need arises...which is usually "how to" or "help" questions that come up from time to time. He'll have the usual backup from our admins in the mod's forum, so he can answer any question you may have as well as I could...and certainly better for those time when I'm not around. Don't hesitate to contact him if I seem to be unresponsive (just means I'm without computer access overseas somewhere).

Big thanks to Bob for being willing to help out!

#2: Re: Heads up! New sheriff in town.... Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:19 pm
    ----
Hi Doug and Bob!

Congratulations Sheriff Bob!

Doug, thank you for helping Mr. Bradford keep this DG going.

Bob, thank you for stepping up and replacing the world hoping Doug.

Sgt, Scouts Out!

#3: Re: Heads up! New sheriff in town.... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:41 pm
    ----
- Roy_A_Lingle

....the world hoping Doug.

Sgt, Scouts Out!

I keep hoping, but it never seems to get any better. Wink

#4: Re: Heads up! New sheriff in town.... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:47 pm
    ----
Ditto, couldnt have picked a better person. Thanks again for all you do for us!

Neil

#5: Re: Heads up! New sheriff in town.... Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:02 pm
    ----
- Roy_A_Lingle
Hi Doug and Bob!

Congratulations Sheriff Bob!

Doug, thank you for helping Mr. Bradford keep this DG going.

Bob, thank you for stepping up and replacing the world hoping Doug.

Sgt, Scouts Out!

Uh how about changing that to supplimenting instead of replacing. But I will add my thanks to Dougs efforts to find us a stable place to meet when there were some problems at the old site. I know there was a period there when some folks looked at the change with some concern (or outright fear) but things have worked out very well

#6: Re: Heads up! New sheriff in town.... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:23 pm
    ----
- bsmart

Uh how about changing that to supplimenting instead of replacing. I know there was a period there when some folks looked at the change with some concern (or outright fear) but things have worked out very well

Yeah, what Bob said...I ain't dead yet! BTW, speaking of the old site, some of you may have noticed that it's finally off the 'net...and it did reach 6,000,000 hits! Unfortunately, the last 200,000 of them were spam. Rolling Eyes

If you're looking for something from those boards you hadn't saved, some of it can be found "cached", but no hotlinking between the posts. Thank the spam 'bots for what happened over there, a cadre of 10 moderators would not have been able to keep up...at it's worst, there were hundreds per day. Evil or Very Mad

-> AFV News Discussion Board