CFS3 still goin?
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> CFS3

#16: Re: CFS3 still goin? Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:51 pm
    ----
Hey Stoops!
Thx for your CFS3 install guide.
Am going to work through the video section tonight.
Big help so far though.
Thx for taking the time and making the effort to compile it.

#17: Re: CFS3 still goin? Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:20 am
    ----
Is there a way to turn off the ground target selection?
I wanna practice against aerial bogeys for the moment to get the hang of maneouvering; The ground target's are just interfering with me radar.

#18: Re: CFS3 still goin? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:38 am
    ----
Press the "T" key to cycle the target types shown on the tactical display - default is "all".

#19: Re: CFS3 still goin? Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:07 pm
    ----
AH-HA!!
Cheers Stoops.
I been trying Shift + T which was just changing the range.
Demm game.
heheh

#20: Re: CFS3 still goin? Author: JG300_HuntLocation: WA State PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:43 am
    ----
That one (Shift+T) will help as well in a close in dogfight, If you haven't done so you can also place the radar on top of your gyroscope to assist in target locations relative to your aircraft

#21: Re: CFS3 still goin? Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:59 am
    ----
..... Gyrowhatnow?

#22: Re: CFS3 still goin? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:11 am
    ----
Direction-lookin' thingy. You can drag the stuff all over the place. I have all my gauge-things all stacked over each other so they're easy to locate. Can't read them unless I squint, but I know where they are.

You could theoretically map that SHIFT-T thing to a joystick button (so they say), or if you don't have a joystick or keyboard, just locate the red/white striped wire which is the SHIFT key, and short it against the magenta wire which should be the "T" key, like I do. It's the hot tip.

#23: Re: CFS3 still goin? Author: FireStormLocation: Quebec PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:58 pm
    ----
Saaay Whaaat?

#24: Re: CFS3 still goin? Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:12 pm
    ----
Re-installed CFS3, flies like a pig (Should'ave left me cup on it)...LOL

Gotta tweak me joystick (far too sensitive)
Gotta program me joystick/game pad
Gotta get some practice
Gotta find a new coaster for me cup

Mr. Green

PS. A couple of my old squad mates (PG) are also interested in joining in if this thing takes off...excuse the pun.

#25: Re: CFS3 still goin? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:05 pm
    ----
- JG300_Stoopy
just locate the red/white striped wire which is the SHIFT key, and short it against the magenta wire which should be the "T" key, like I do. It's the hot tip.

ROFL....

#26: Re: CFS3 still goin? Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:45 pm
    ----
Erm... gonna have to play about with that I think.

I'm using no-cockpit (I like to see where I'm going).
Is there a way to adjust the opacity of the gauges (altimeter, compass, etc)?
Sometimes I lose bogeys in my instruments (enemy aircraft - in case there's any Brit's/Aussies reading this).

#27: Re: CFS3 still goin? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:45 pm
    ----
Well, what we do up here is, (seriously) is, we take the instruments and move them all down to the bottom of the screen and squeeze 'em together kinda, amd organize 'em in a sensible order. You can get them all together pretty neat so they don't take up a lot of real estate (which goes to JG300-Hunt's fine tip of overlaying the Tactical display onto the compass - both are fully readable and it makes a nice aircraft logo in the center of your TAC display too). If it weren't for Hunt's remarkable airmanship capabilities, he'd have been strung up by his thumbs for leaking such sensitive setup information outside the sty, of course.

Works fine for HUD ("no cockpit" mode). Now, if you are actually loosing bogeys IN your instruments, as you say, then you might consider just drilling some 1/4" holes (err, sorry, 6mm holes to you people on the other side of the lake) into the bottom of the instrument bezels so those critters can fall back out. We had that same problem with flies and little annoying mosquitos around the pigsty until 1Bullet brought up this good ol' Texas tip. If you're using a CRT monitor, then be sure to use a good quality drill bit with a carbide tip that can bite into the glass. If you have a LCD monitor, a wood bit - or large metal punch - will probably work.

Anyways here's a picture of the instro arrangement that Hunt is bringin' up.....the instruments can actually be moved in a little closer to touch bezels against the compass (direction thingy). Airspeed and attitude on one side, altitude and VSI on the other...it just makes good, clean sense (and you can still see your TAC display even when you are starting to black out from G's but you didn't hear that from me).....

Last edited by JG300-Stoopy on Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

#28: Re: CFS3 still goin? Author: IMS_Dakota PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:52 pm
    ----
ish.. that 38 was in the sty too long. It looks a little moldy

#29: Re: CFS3 still goin? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:55 pm
    ----
Clipped wingtips for speed....yeah......just rub'em up real carefully against the corner of the control tower, or a fuel truck..... Laughing

#30: Re: CFS3 still goin? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:23 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Clipped wingtips for speed....yeah......just rub'em up real carefully against the corner of the control tower, or a fuel truck..... Laughing

You can buy that "clipped wing for speed" explanation if'n ya' want to....or you can examine the evidence. Wink
(The gun camera was invented for a reason....)

I'm just sayin' ol' Stoop goes through right wingtips a wee bit faster that most P38 jocks...(I hear tell he's got his own bay over at the body shop)

Laughing

-> CFS3