CFS3 still goin?
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
-> CFS3

#31: Re: CFS3 still goin? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:37 pm
    ----
OH MAN!!! I am SO Freakin' BUSTED!!! Well and truly Spanked...curses on your all-too-efficient capitalist pig photo archive!!.......my lil' pork rump is gonna hurt for days now......LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ooo! Ooo!!!! Those last two pix......would they be from the infamous P-38 Showdown, the Duel of the Duals, with you an' me an' Combat an' the Devil?????

I'm gonna say that MANY a wingtip met a sad fate that day.....and surprisingly (refreshingly), more than just mine! Smile

#32: Re: CFS3 still goin? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:30 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
OH MAN!!! I am SO Freakin' BUSTED!!! Well and truly Spanked...curses on your all-too-efficient capitalist pig photo archive!!.......my lil' pork rump is gonna hurt for days now......LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ooo! Ooo!!!! Those last two pix......would they be from the infamous P-38 Showdown, the Duel of the Duals, with you an' me an' Combat an' the Devil?????

I'm gonna say that MANY a wingtip met a sad fate that day.....and surprisingly (refreshingly), more than just mine! Smile

Well, truth be told (which calls for me to step out of character for a moment), the first one was FS9 and some formation flying we did around Cape Canavral (I think). The second probably isn't you, but one of our other lads during a bigger group CFS3 formation that got a little too close and I was just in the right spot to catch the disaster on film (laughing heartily as I did so...). The third one was, for sure, over Interlaken and I'm about to administer the coupe-de-grassy to the ol' Boss Hawg hisself...or at least leave him mortally wounded for the final thrust of the rapier when I could more fully savor it. I think we was in a JG300 room that most of the others had left by this time. I luvs to turn tight in the mountains!

I dumped terabytes of pics from CFS3 some time ago when space got hypercritical...hated doing it, but I tried to save a few of the sweeter ones...

#33: Re: CFS3 still goin? Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:26 am
    ----
Them's all good tips thx Stoops (except drilling fly holes into my LCD screen! ya daft trotter).
I was planning to use padlock to get around G effects (as we did in CFS1) but I haven't been able to turn tight enough to worry about it yet (workin' on it though coz I anticipate I'll be needin to if I go up against any Sau's!).

(I do use mm's, but I'm 'old skool' & better with "s Wink )

#34: Re: CFS3 still goin? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:35 pm
    ----
I think the "padlock to get around the blackout issue' was fixed in CFS3 Shades. Been a while...lol

#35: Re: CFS3 still goin? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:16 pm
    ----
To each his own, but "padlocking" was, ummm....not highly regarded in CFS3 rooms even as low as 50%. That is to say, posting a screenshot, for example, that revealed that "padlock" was in use could usually be expected to be followed by hoots of derision. It's not a written rule, but most rooms eschewed the use of it.

It's a facinating dance, treading that line between blackout and tracking your target....I think IMS Combat and I can both attest to that one based on some of our mountain duels. Wink

Oh, that "drilling the monitor" thing got mixed results for me, too. Laughing

#36: Re: CFS3 still goin? Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:18 pm
    ----
NO PADLOCK?!?!?!?

NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

#37: Re: CFS3 still goin? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:22 pm
    ----
Yes indeedy padlock blacks out just as all the others do...no way around it, if your brain is starvin for oxygen you just aren't gonna be able to see as well, no matter what pair of glasses ya put on! Smile

#38: Re: CFS3 still goin? Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:48 pm
    ----
- Shades
NO PADLOCK?!?!?!?

NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Padlock...Yer big girls blouse...

(He says after getting trackir working again )
Smile

#39: Re: CFS3 still goin? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:08 pm
    ----
So what's the skinny on this "targeting cone" thingy? Wink

#40: Re: CFS3 still goin? Author: IMS_Dakota PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:54 pm
    ----
heh... lot of guys in 3 don't like padlock because they don't understand what it is. Mr. Green

Course us real men turn off the labels and just use padlock. Wink

#41: Re: CFS3 still goin? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:00 pm
    ----
- IMS_Dakota
heh... lot of guys in 3 don't like padlock because they don't understand what it is. Mr. Green

Course us real men turn off the labels and just use padlock. Wink

Me hate labels. Billboards in the sky. Like Stoopy said, it's like going to a combat flight sim party with a name tag on that says "Hi, I'm Stoopy!" Laughing

#42: Re: CFS3 still goin? Author: IMS_Dakota PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:16 pm
    ----
hmm.. well as long as the beer is free and cold.

#43: Re: CFS3 still goin? Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:40 pm
    ----
Gawd.
I wouldn't last 5 seconds without labels.

Used to fly in bright yellow in CFS1.
Made it a bit easier for folks ta see me.
Old hangover from EW.
heheh
Smile

#44: Re: CFS3 still goin? Author: FF_StepChildLocation: Hampton Va. US PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:28 pm
    ----
I try to steer clear of labels, stereotypes and racial profiling. In a country overrun with political-correctness, I just shoot whoever is in front of me, regardless of race, creed, color, religious affiliation, or sexual preference.

(now why doesn't anyone ask me to fly wing?)

-> CFS3