Hunnicutt Sherman Tank Book
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Hunnicutt Sherman Tank Book Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:10 pm
    ----
They have abundant copies of "Pershing" also, I just spoke with them, $80. And...I put a bug in their ear about getting reprints of "Firepower" in the works...and "Mary Ann" (very pleasant, took my order for "Sherman") said she'd notify her boss. Since these reprints were done on their order, I'd suggest you guys who are placing orders, or want copies of "Firepower" call 'em up and request reprints of "Firepower"...even offer to preorder if you're serious...they sound pretty responsive to me.

You never know, we're the market, and they're the supplier. Knowhutahmean? Wink

#17: Re: Hunnicutt Sherman Tank Book Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:43 pm
    ----
No No No

half of my kids inheritance is based on the continued appreciation in value of my Hunnicutts! Firepower and Patton are key to that. If they reprint them I'll lose my investment.

#18: Re: Hunnicutt Sherman Tank Book Author: Sundrtonge PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:49 pm
    ----
How about that stuart book, that one seems rather elusive to me as well?

-Dave

#19: Re: Hunnicutt Sherman Tank Book Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:02 pm
    ----
Call, call, call! Send Bob to the poorhouse and get that special satisfaction that only a good dose of armored schadenfreude can deliver! And you get a chance at those special books you're always wanted at reasonable prices! And a service to posterity! Two, nay, THREE birds with one stone!

Call 203-653-2272, ask for Mary Ann and tell 'er "Doug" sent ya'! (and I ain't kiddin' about that part, neither!).

Maybe we can have it ALL!

Bwaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

#20: Re: Hunnicutt Sherman Tank Book Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:31 pm
    ----
In all honesty it would be better for everyone to agree on one volume to push for at a time. That way they may see a steady flow of one book every 6 months or so (and y'all can budget accordingly)

By the way has anyone actually seen one of the new Sherman yet?

#21: Re: Hunnicutt Sherman Tank Book Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:41 pm
    ----
- bsmart
In all honesty it would be better for everyone to agree on one volume to push for at a time. That way they may see a steady flow of one book every 6 months or so (and y'all can budget accordingly)

By the way has anyone actually seen one of the new Sherman yet?

I placed my order today, I was promised shipment in 24-48 hours. I'm heading for SLC to ski in about 90 minutes ( ) so it should be here by Monday or Tuesday. I'll certainly let you know. Wink (They're in Conneticut, and I hear they're having some "weather").

Roy's report sounded like they were OK. Keep ya' posted.

#22: Re: Hunnicutt Sherman Tank Book Author: Sundrtonge PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:35 pm
    ----
Well, I was just charged for the Sherman book, so I suspect ill see it soon! Theyhave been excellent shippers, I have bought quite a lot recently, only lost 1 package which reminds me I need to contact them on that-it was the JSII book, lost in the mail and out of print:-(

-Dave

#23: Re: Hunnicutt Sherman Tank Book Author: Sundrtonge PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:38 pm
    ----
Oh yea - My vote I think would be for FIREPOWER - while I really have no idea what is specifically in there it may have more of what I currently looking for. Second choice for me would be the Stuart book. I just got my first Hunnicutt book last month on the halftracks and I gotta say its worth 5-10 other books and in that respect is cheaper than the combined total of the others!

-Dave

#24: Re: Hunnicutt Sherman Tank Book Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:05 pm
    ----
Firepower covers the Heavy tanks from the early WWI models through the M6 of WWII to the M103 of the cold war.

Last edited by bsmart on Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

#25: Re: Hunnicutt Sherman Tank Book Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:11 pm
    ----
Well, if price is any indication of supply & demand, Firepower & Abrams are very high, followed by Sherman & Stuart, Patton, and Pershing. Pershing was re-printed relatively recent, and I think Armored Car & Half-Track are still in print even?

I'm amazed to see people still paying a good penny for Sherman books on EBay - not knowing about or waiting to see if this reprint thing is real...

Neil

#26: Re: Hunnicutt Sherman Tank Book Author: Sundrtonge PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:20 pm
    ----
OK

Spoke with MaryAnn - put my vote in for FIREPOWER and STUART!

Said SHERMAN book has already shipped to me. Let you know when I see it, cant wait Mr. Green

-Dave

#27: Re: Hunnicutt Sherman Tank Book Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:18 pm
    ----
I think I'm gonna wait to hear about the quality of the Sherman reprint before putting in my vote / pre-order.

Some people say the Feiss Pershing reprint had lower quality pictures. Of course thats the version I own, and it'd have to be a really bad reprint for me to not buy it...

Neil

#28: Re: Hunnicutt Sherman Tank Book Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:58 pm
    ----
Stuart and Firepower.
My Sherman copy on the way Smile

#29: Re: Hunnicutt Sherman Tank Book Author: Sundrtonge PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:43 pm
    ----
Hi guys1

Well just got the Sherman book from RZM!! Only looked at it for a few minutes - gotta love this book! Having never seen it before Im quite impressed and glad I bought it.

Since I don't have the original I can only assume the original is similar to the Hunnicutt halftrack book in quality so with that said...As far as quality was a concern - I think it is exellent quality - though some might not like that it isnt on that super/ultra glossy paper like the new T-34 book or the Shiffer books or even from what I can tell vs the Hunnicutt halftrack book that I have - it is still AWESOME to me! The paper is a little more "dull" but still better than a ton of other books I own.

This book makes me feel like I'm on the "in" now Mr. Green

Oh yea - it comes in the card slipbox for protection! I like that - wouldnt mind getting more of these protectors for other books.

Me- I'm just grateful to own this book and highly recommend it as well to any that do not have it.

-Dave

#30: Re: Hunnicutt Sherman Tank Book Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:37 pm
    ----
- Sundrtonge
Hi guys1

Well just got the Sherman book from RZM!! Only looked at it for a few minutes - gotta love this book! Having never seen it before Im quite impressed and glad I bought it.

Since I don't have the original I can only assume the original is similar to the Hunnicutt halftrack book in quality so with that said...As far as quality was a concern - I think it is exellent quality - though some might not like that it isnt on that super/ultra glossy paper like the new T-34 book or the Shiffer books or even from what I can tell vs the Hunnicutt halftrack book that I have - it is still AWESOME to me! The paper is a little more "dull" but still better than a ton of other books I own.

This book makes me feel like I'm on the "in" now Mr. Green

Oh yea - it comes in the card slipbox for protection! I like that - wouldnt mind getting more of these protectors for other books.

Me- I'm just grateful to own this book and highly recommend it as well to any that do not have it.

-Dave

I just received and opened my copy and my comments are pretty much the same as Dave's. Delivery was as promised by RZM, well packaged and protected. I have three original Hunnicutts and this one differs only in that the paper is not of the high gloss type of those. I am not put off by that at all. The paper is heavy, the printing is very good, the pictures, both black-and-white and color are crisp and I am very satisfied with my purchase. The protective sleeve is a nice touch. I will definitely order from them again. I'm thinking of ordering "Pershing" now and will also press for a reprint of "Firepower".

Speaking of, should we start a list of interested buyers in a "Firepower" reprint to submit to RZM? We have a forum and qualified buyers....we could always submit them via a link to this thread.

BTW, if you're wondering, the book notes all copyrights to R.P. Hunnicutt and originally published by Presidio Press and is an authorized reprint by Historical Archive Press, blah, blah, blah...etc, etc.

-> AFV News Discussion Board