German armor in US Museums?
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: German armor in US Museums? Author: elauterbach PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:30 pm
    ----
Looking at the list of preserved German stuff, I seem to recall a picture of a German Grille or Marder I or Marder II. The vehicle was at a museum in the U.S. and was not the Patton Museum or Aberdeen. It was inside and I think there only piece of German equipment. I have tried to find this again, but no luck. Any idea what this peice was or where it was? I don't think the piece was on the list of preserve equipement.
Thanks,
Eric

#2: Re: German armor in US Museums? Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:53 pm
    ----
The Victory Museum in Auburn Indiana has a Marder III.

Check out these photos:

news.webshots.com/albu...9607GnlUjK

news.webshots.com/albu...8768WRNwLG

Jeff

#3: Re: German armor in US Museums? Author: elauterbach PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:37 pm
    ----
Interesting, but looking at the photos, I don't think that is it. The more I think about it, I think it was a wespee.
Eric

#4: Re: German armor in US Museums? Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:06 pm
    ----
Eric, you can find a listing of all armor in the US at: 216.176.86.154/afv/USA...s_V2.2.pdf

V2.3 is in the works. You'll have to dig through it, but you may find what you're looking for...

Neil

#5: Re: German armor in US Museums? Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:44 am
    ----
Looking on a french magazine, I've found this photo :

This StuG III Ausf. G seems to be located in California and participates to reenactment with the World War Two Reenactment Historical Group.

Having a look on Neil's AFVs list, I've seen that a StuG III G is stored by a private owner in Hayward, California. Is it the same? Does somebody have other photos of it?

P-O

-> AFV News Discussion Board