Someone with a request...
-> CFS1

#1: Someone with a request... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:07 am
    ----
Shadow_Ares called me and ask if I recalled tweaking CFS1 to display damage messages in offline play.

Example: He was wanting to know where the config settings would be to display "You hit (plane) in the engine, wing, etc"

#2: Re: Someone with a request... Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:20 am
    ----
Been years since I did any serious offlineing, but the [F key] brings up damage text.
I don't recall seeing anything saying where you hit yr opponent though.
Just that you hit him (/her).
If you GET hit, you see where it's ocurred.

[edit: Towards the end of the Zone I took to trying to aim specifically for people's port wings, if I was close enough to aim for particular bits.
+Exemplo always reacted most rewardingly to this tactic and, after a while, became convinced I was doing it deliberately from some distance as well.
I did nothing to alter this impression.
I realised he must be mentioning it to others as well as, one by one, more and more people started commenting on it.
All in good spirit.
Hehehe. :D]

#3: Re: Someone with a request... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:53 am
    ----
Yep Shades, all the "Shadows" did the same thing in respect to shooting at specific parts of the aircraft... Wink

I told Ares I didn't recall any such setting, but that's not to say we didn't do at some point.

#4: Re: Someone with a request... Author: SnwMan0Location: Mn,USA PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:45 am
    ----
There was a setting Twigtoto gave me at the convention for CFS1 offline - I'll try and find what it was , But there is a setting for sure.

#5: Re: Someone with a request... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:25 pm
    ----
Thanks Sno, that may be when Ares picked up that tip as he was there too... Wink

-> CFS1