Who will launch into a Panzer recovery company in Bulgaria?
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Who will launch into a Panzer recovery company in Bulgaria? Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:09 pm
    ----
Just look at that :

Some PzKpfw IV (about ten?) used as defensive positions on the Bulgarian-Turkish border (Bulgaria)

Some Sturmgeschütz III (40) Ausf. G used as defensive positions
on the Bulgarian-Turkish border (Bulgaria)

Jagdpanzer IV L/48 - same use

#2: Re: Who will launch into a Panzer recovery company in Bulgaria? Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:56 pm
    ----
I believe the last one is a JpPz IV.

Neil

#3: Re: Who will launch into a Panzer recovery company in Bulgar Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:03 pm
    ----
And we are still to see the possibly up to 15 Panther's that were placed at the same border ... since these are still there ...

I am, for one, convinced that some of them (if not all) are still there.

#4: Re: Who will launch into a Panzer recovery company in Bulgaria? Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:16 pm
    ----
There are also supposed to be a number of 251s used as personnel shelters/ command posts as well...

Cool

#5: Re: Who will launch into a Panzer recovery company in Bulgar Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:05 am
    ----
- JimWeb
There are also supposed to be a number of 251s used as personnel shelters/ command posts as well...

Cool

They really buried an entire Panzerdivision.. Shocked

#6: Re: Who will launch into a Panzer recovery company in Bulgar Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:22 pm
    ----
To bad that they're chopped up, but half a hull is better than no hull. By the looks of it they've cut most hulls just after the fighting compartment ... so chances are that the Panther tanks were treated the same way. In the case of the Panther's a recovery would be well worth it even if "crippled". There are far more hulls and hull components around than turrets, more so turrets with mantlets and main guns intact. Well ... first someone needs to find them ...

I would try if I had the funds and the time Sad

#7: Re: Who will launch into a Panzer recovery company in Bulgaria? Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:52 pm
    ----
I thought you all might like this, can anyone tell me how to put a clear name on these... if it is adobe photoshop I can't find it

#8: Re: Who will launch into a Panzer recovery company in Bulgar Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:32 pm
    ----
That's a Regelbau 678 Kleinstunterstand mit Pantherturm
or little shelter with Panther turret

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Olympus/6550/nl2a69.htm

#9: Re: Who will launch into a Panzer recovery company in Bulgar Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:36 pm
    ----
- Rikard_Hufschmied
To bad that they're chopped up, but half a hull is better than no hull. By the looks of it they've cut most hulls just after the fighting compartment ... so chances are that the Panther tanks were treated the same way. In the case of the Panther's a recovery would be well worth it even if "crippled". There are far more hulls and hull components around than turrets, more so turrets with mantlets and main guns intact. Well ... first someone needs to find them ...

You know, sometimes I think that, if we could put together all the parts worldwide, all the turrets, engines, hulls, components for each tank, we could do some very interesting things.. like making run the Shrivenham KT with the engine in Axvall and so on.. just dreaming

Pierre-Olivier

#10: Re: Who will launch into a Panzer recovery company in Bulgar Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:39 pm
    ----
- armyjunk2
I thought you all might like this, can anyone tell me how to put a clear name on these... if it is adobe photoshop I can't find it

I assume you mean how to make the name transparent? You need to have the pallet containing "layers" open, you can activate it under "window" in the menu bar. In the layers palette you can set "opacity" for the text layer with either numbers (say 30%) or adjusting the sliding scale manually, the scale will appear when you click the "opacity" box.

The picture, looks like one of the makeshift "Pantherstellung" encountered at the Gothic Line in Italy. Damaged Panthers were dug in for static defense. For more of the same you might find this thread on "Axis History" interesting:

forum.axishistory.com/...59c377d4fd

#11: Re: Who will launch into a Panzer recovery company in Bulgar Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:49 pm
    ----
- the_shadock
- Rikard_Hufschmied

You know, sometimes I think that, if we could put together all the parts worldwide, all the turrets, engines, hulls, components for each tank, we could do some very interesting things.. like making run the Shrivenham KT with the engine in Axvall and so on.. just dreaming

Pierre-Olivier

True ... making the Shrivenham KT a runner is not an impossible task, Axvall and Bovington have made exchanges in the past. All the other parts ... I guess we'll have to keep on dreaming, stranger things have happened though.

Best,
Rik

#12: Re: Who will launch into a Panzer recovery company in Bulgaria? Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:22 pm
    ----
Rikard_Hufschmied, thank you very much, yes transparent is what I meant.......

#13: Re: Who will launch into a Panzer recovery company in Bulgaria? Author: tankdriverLocation: Memphis, TN PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:57 pm
    ----
I like to restore old military vehicles, and as I was told my a master machinest

"Anything made by man can be made again.... IF you have enough money"

-> AFV News Discussion Board