46 version install
-> IL2/FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters

#1: 46 version install Author: Thud68Location: AZ USA PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:29 pm
    ----
Ok I'm stumped.

Got the package today and promptly ripped it open to find two CDs, one labeled Bonus, the other I assume is the program disc.

No INSTRUCTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not even on the jacket.

Ya, I know your all saying "how dumb is this guy". Pretty dumb, I need that little printed paper that tells me what button to push to get the desired
affect. No sheet, I'm lost.

Ok, so I put the disc in the D drive and the little green light on the drive lights up and flashes, and now I'm fidgeting like a schoolgirl who has to pee. Well the light goes out and NOTHING happens.

Alright, no AUTORUN, fine, plan B. Go to My Computer and select the D drive. HMMM, message comes up and tells me "Please insert a disc in the drive". So now I'm having a running dialogue with the computer. I reply " The friggin disc is in the drive a--hole".

Well that didn't work. So now panic is setting in and Plan C. jump on TS and see if I can find someone who knows the trick to install this bad boy.

Find O'l Rigel lurking on TS and bug him. Well mid trys I lose the TS connection and by this time my wife is yelling, no screaming at me to help her with pre-Christmas stuff and I have to run down to the market to pick up a damn roast. Christ, the size of this roast, I'm thinking the Green Bay Packers are coming to my house for Christmas Dinner.

Get back from the market and wrap some gifts for the grandkids til its time to go to work( I am a Republican, but not wealthy).

Now I am here on Christmas Eve pleading for any instructions on how to install this damn program on my computer so I can enjoy my upcoming days off.

HELP ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2: Re: 46 version install Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:57 pm
    ----
Sounds like your trying to read a DVD in a CD drive. Smile

#3: Re: 46 version install Author: Thud68Location: AZ USA PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:57 pm
    ----
....and your politely trying to tell me that can't be done right?

#4: Re: 46 version install Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:33 am
    ----
They are in DVD format Thud... :wink:..lol

#5: Re: 46 version install Author: Thud68Location: AZ USA PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:09 am
    ----
... and aint I feelin just a little more stupid than usual.

#6: Re: 46 version install Author: RAF92_MoserLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:23 am
    ----
Oh no Thud lol!

#7: Re: 46 version install Author: RM_Stoneman PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:28 am
    ----
Merry Christmas Thud....LOL and yes you are going to need a dvd reader at least, I opted for the all in one and works quite well. GL!!

#8: Re: 46 version install Author: Thud68Location: AZ USA PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:25 pm
    ----
...Ok now I get the picture!!!!!!!! (play on words)

Thank You for your help, one and all.

... and nuff said!!!!!!!!

-> IL2/FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters