Identify this vehicle TOO, please...
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Identify this vehicle TOO, please... Author: mike_Duplessis PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:51 pm
    ----
Here's one pulled off another website again. Let's hope the link holds.

Taken during something called 'Operation Beastmaster' (I think they may be running out of names Wink ) The vehicle in question is in the background. Big armored 4x4 with pistol ports, roof mg station and smoke dischargers.

Anybody know what that is? It almost looks like the new Australian Dingo II!

#2: Re: Identify this vehicle TOO, please... Author: ChrisC PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:12 pm
    ----
Not sure what it is, but when I was over in 04' the Haliburton rent a cops had them. The two dudes standing by it are Iraqi troops. Maybe they stole it from KBR?
I like the Bradley sun shade....

#3: Re: Identify this vehicle TOO, please... Author: SabotLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:03 am
    ----
Looks like one of the vehicles that was "demonstrated" to the Army here in February. We had over a dozen off-the-shelf armored vehicles that were to be an interim replacement for the HMMWV.

#4: Re: Identify this vehicle TOO, please... Author: mike_Duplessis PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:42 pm
    ----
Ah, I just located the answer. They're POLISH!
Something called Dzik-3. Apparently the Iraqi 6th Army Division got at least four of them recently. A vehicle I had never even heard of before Rolling Eyes

#5: Re: Identify this vehicle TOO, please... Author: mike_Duplessis PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:11 pm
    ----
Now that we're aware of this vehicle we're able to betterspot it in news photos. Wednesday Jan 24, Haifa Street Bagdhad. U.S. Strykers foreground, Dzik-3 in the middle distance.

The Dzik-3 is made by AMZ-Kutno in Poland, based on the Polish Army's own Dzik-2 AC. The interior holds 11 soldiers (commander, gunner, driver 8 man squad). Has air conditioning. A scaling ladder is often mounted on the left side. Iveco inline-4 146hp turbo diesel, max speed 100 km. Armor is proof against 7.62mm NATO. 600 vehicles are on order by Iraq, the first 40 vehicle were air-lifted in.

#6: Re: Identify this vehicle TOO, please... Author: mike_Duplessis PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:13 pm
    ----
Does anybody know?
I thought Textron had won an Iraqi contract for 5-600 turretless stretched M1117 ASVs (or whatever their called these days - 'guardian'?), and I even saw an elusive photo of a stetched M1117 on this site. But if they're ordering 600 Dzik-3s does this mean the stretched M1117 deal has fallen through? Textron was holding contracts to build a minimum of 1,118 M1117s. Maybe its just been too difficult to build-up production in post-Katrina New Orleans for both U.S. and Iraqi requirements (my speculation). The big Iraqi Dzik-3 procurement seemed kinda out-of-the-blue.

-> AFV News Discussion Board