Connection difficulties?
-> FSX

#1: Connection difficulties? Author: Uhu_Deenee PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:25 am
    ----
Hello!

OK, a techie question that I'm sure is pretty easily resolved - except for me who clearly doesn't understand the basics!!

Fresh out of the box FSX - all working great - still a couple of tweaks needed here and there, so far so good - but...

It won't download real weather, and I assume won't connect to any multiplayer games!! Sad

I've tried everything I can think of, such as making changes to my firewall etc., but no joy. It works fine in FS9, so I'm not picking times that the weather servers are down... Flying with the weather patterns in the default page is gettinga little predictable!! Wink

Any ideas??

H

#2: Re: Connection difficulties? Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:38 am
    ----
- Uhu_Deenee
Flying with the weather patterns in the default page is gettinga little predictable!! Wink

Hi Phil,

maybe you should park yer stuff outside in the garden or on the driveway to fully enjoy the actual real weather ??? Laughing

As for the multi player there are 2 options:

1. you join the gamespy thing

2. you use FSHost client with wich you can connect to the FS Host servers and even fly together with the fs9 folks, only thing that does not work there is the weather set on the server Confused

As for router/firewall settings, that's a tough one as those darned contraptions seem to take joy out of doing evrything different than you would think, try put the line directly in the puter without the router/firewall in between, if it downloads the weather then you know it's that thing.

fled

p.s. As for the weather d/l in fsX, I must honestly admit that I haven't tryed it ........yet Laughing

#3: Re: Connection difficulties? Author: jg300-Deputy_DaleLocation: Orlando PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:21 am
    ----
I will have to give my two cents worth now. Check your router ports. FSX uses additional ports when connected. Possibly port 80 and ports 6112-6122. I had to open these to resolve audio communication.

-> FSX