Bitchin' scenery for Victoria B.C.-FREE!
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> FS2004

#1: Bitchin' scenery for Victoria B.C.-FREE! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:18 pm
    ----
...and a perfect compliment to the "Pig Sty", CBB7, and flights from Seattle or Vancouver.

At Avsim...

www.jonpatch.ca/flight...shots.html

#2: Re: Bitchin' scenery for Victoria B.C.-FREE! Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:27 pm
    ----
WOW...that is some great scenery!! Thanks Ascout!! Wink

#3: Re: Bitchin' scenery for Victoria B.C.-FREE! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:57 am
    ----
GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY!!!!! Thanks for the heads-up!

This isn't just scenery...it's MEGA-Scenery. Really nice work and awesome details!

There's dependencies on some other files mentioned in the readme....for starters, EVI04.zip (East Vancouver Island shorelines), vicenh02.zip and vicenh03.zip. The web info says it's recommended but as you read on, the files seem to be required. Also the file AI_SHIPX.zip for effects to work. I put all the BGL files together in one folder and also arranged the other stuff where it has to go into some existing folders (effects, aircraft, regular scenery, flights) because there's a fair amount of file movin'. Good candidate for an 'EZ' package I'd say!

But once you get all that installed, it's a helluva package. Theres a lotta textures and stuff so some patience is required at times, like when starting the flight etc. Holger Sandmann worked on some of the stuff like the AI ships so it's cool to see that, and heck that means it oughta work pretty well with his other BC mesh stuff!

The cruise ship that pulls out of port is really slick - really worthwhile gettng up close and checking out the acitvity on deck, what a gas! (there's a passenger laying on a deck lounger thats worth checking out fully).

Also a lotta fun to fly around with the AI helos to practice formation flight, and pester the tugboats and stuff!

#4: Re: Bitchin' scenery for Victoria B.C.-FREE! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:55 pm
    ----
OK...I got the basics working....the downtown Victoria and international airport bring by not-half-bad-system to it's KNEES! The Ogden Point stuff isn't so hard on it, but there is quite a frame hit. Downtown actually halted my system several times while flying...trying to load stuff. I don't know if I can afford to keep this one, though driving the cruise ship is fun....(even on land!).

#5: Re: Bitchin' scenery for Victoria B.C.-FREE! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:47 pm
    ----
Yup. We don't get somethin' for nothin in this one for sure. My nifty new hotrod box with fast-everything and PCI Express video even gets hit pretty damn hard, but I'm still running at 1600 x 1280 x 32 and everything enabled & maxed out. Got several long pauses and a freezeup. Gonna turn thigns down when I get an opportunity and see how it goes.

I'm more of a "pigsty" guy myself anyways....

#6: Re: Bitchin' scenery for Victoria B.C.-FREE! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:52 pm
    ----
Well then...mix and match....take the Amsterdam for a cruise to the "Pig Sty"! (wear your lifejacket!)

#7: Re: Bitchin' scenery for Victoria B.C.-FREE! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:59 pm
    ----
OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

(are there any more extreme acronyms that are suitable for the above incredibly hilarious stunt????)

HOLY FREAKIN MOLEY That's AWESOME!!!!!!!! Was the jogger dude still running around on the upper deck when you low-sided that thing?

And it makes one think...hmmm, Cruise Ship racing, anyone??? Cool

#8: Re: Bitchin' scenery for Victoria B.C.-FREE! Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:35 pm
    ----
And it makes one think...hmmm, Cruise Ship racing, anyone??? Cool

ROFLMAO....

#9: Re: Bitchin' scenery for Victoria B.C.-FREE! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:51 pm
    ----
The Captain tested positive for alcohol...the lawsuits should be crippling....I doubt the cruise line can be kept "afloat" after this little incident.

This is the kind of thing that can happen when a shipload of wimmins come over to the "Pig Sty" for ladies' night!

#10: Re: Bitchin' scenery for Victoria B.C.-FREE! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:04 pm
    ----
I can't help but suspect sabotage....an abundance of fresh strawberries and Cool Whip at the mid-day foredeck buffet were too much of a temptation!

Speakin' of wimmens......did the girl in the lounge chair at top-midships survive????

#11: Re: Bitchin' scenery for Victoria B.C.-FREE! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:11 pm
    ----
Which one? I see two rolling their heads languidly....one waving and several folks "moon-walking" around th decks. Lots of animation on this one.....

None in a state of "undress" or anything....

#12: Re: Bitchin' scenery for Victoria B.C.-FREE! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:27 pm
    ----
Oh heck that was it then. I only saw the one so far...yep, the languid head movement caught my eye!

There was this babe on another deck, but her skirt is too long, hovering down a full deck-level below her yielded....nuthin!

#13: Re: Bitchin' scenery for Victoria B.C.-FREE! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:07 am
    ----
I think Ascout got his hands on the real life ship this time!

www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD...index.html

#14: Re: Bitchin' scenery for Victoria B.C.-FREE! Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:18 am
    ----
He said the crew dropped anchor to slow the boat and passengers were told "to make sure they're seated and to brace themselves for impact."

LOL Stoopy, I think you're right...lol

#15: Re: Bitchin' scenery for Victoria B.C.-FREE! Author: JG300_HuntLocation: WA State PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:26 pm
    ----
Anyone know where else this file can be found? Link at AVSIM no longer works when you go to download her.

-> FS2004