Bitchin' scenery for Victoria B.C.-FREE!
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> FS2004

#16: Re: Bitchin Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:50 am
    ----
Try the link in Ascout's original post at the top....farther down on the left of that webpage is a "download" link Laughing

#17: Re: Bitchin Author: JG300_HuntLocation: WA State PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:42 am
    ----
Clicked the D/L link and got:

Sorry, file no longer available.
You have either mistyped a URL, or this file is no longer available from the AVSIM Library.
If you came from an AVSIM link, please let staff @ avsim.com know where you came from.
Click here to go back

#18: Re: Bitchin Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:48 am
    ----
Arrrggghhh!!!

That wont do.....lemme look around.

Although.....it's neat, I think some of us ended up disabling it becuase it is one heckuva draw on system resources.....

#19: Re: Bitchin Author: JG300_HuntLocation: WA State PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:04 am
    ----
Don't go overbooard on my behalf.. Just grabbing everything up in sight!! And we all know my graphics card (errr chip) doesn't need any more drain!! lmao

#20: Re: Bitchin Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:11 am
    ----
Nawww nawww nawww.....you ask I gotta deliver....what's a pigsty if we don't help each other out if we can.......plus I dig th' challenge n'stuff.

Heh! Found it. Got yur avsim.com login ready?

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004scen&DLID=73619

....and, you'll eventually run out of hard drive space and then we can go back to flying!! Laughing

#21: Re: Bitchin Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:17 am
    ----
Oh hey - BONUS!

I just noticed that's an altogether newer version (no wonder the original link was inactive). From reading it, sounds like maybe some performance issues were addressed.....hmmm.....might have to check it out.

BTW Hunt, part of this scenery (the cruise ship) was in the FS9 video for fr8ycat's OH-6A Cayuse called "Highway Patrol"......did ya ever see that one?

#22: Re: Bitchin Author: JG300_HuntLocation: WA State PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:20 am
    ----
Don't think I ever grabbed that video. I checked out several of the other Sty videos (especially Hoppa's).

Speaking of Hoppa, is he still alive? Been awhile since I've run into or heard from him!

I very well may run out of HDD space - I am up to 6GB in CFS3 alone, and about 4.75GB in FS9 and growing hourly!

#23: Re: Bitchin Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:30 am
    ----
- JG300_Hunt
Don't think I ever grabbed that video. I checked out several of the other Sty videos (especially Hoppa's).

Speaking of Hoppa, is he still alive? Been awhile since I've run into or heard from him!

I very well may run out of HDD space - I am up to 6GB in CFS3 alone, and about 4.75GB in FS9 and growing hourly!

Well, shucks, I HOPE Hoppa is OK! Last I saw he reported he was working some extreme hours. Let's hope he checks in soon.

Never saw "Highway Patrol?" Dang.....next your gonna tell me you never saw "Big Red Rocket", or "Maggies Farm" by Lurps or Hoppa first video with his Bf109 in both CFS3 and FS9, still my favorite one of his works....

Well... here's one you can watch quickly without downloading thanx to hovercontrol hosting it.....should be down at the lower-left corner or next page if it gets bumped....

http://64.34.169.161/cgi-bin/ifolio/imageFolio.cgi?direct=Video_Gallery/Various_Flying_Videos&img=45

And don't worry, some of us are up around 20-30 GB or more and going strong!

#24: Re: Bitchin' scenery for Victoria B.C.-FREE! Author: Trans_23Location: Chicago, IL PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:56 pm
    ----
The frame hits you are getting is probably because everything is in 32 bit images. If you have a lot of free time on your hands you might try running the files throught dxt.bmp. I have done that with other scenery files to make them more frame rate friendly.

#25: Re: Bitchin' scenery for Victoria B.C.-FREE! Author: tomclayton PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:51 pm
    ----
The Imagetool program that comes bundled with a few of the official SDK's supporst batch files. If you don't want to install an SDK, you can go to POKy's Paint Resource Page to get a copy. I have a set of batch files that I can get you to convert the tex files to just about any format you need.

-> FS2004