This really gives me WOOD
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> FS2004

#1: Re: This really gives me WOOD Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:54 pm
    ----
I have that impression, but however we need to double-check on the thumbs-up from Milton (to make sure I'm not reading what I want into the previous post). I've finished meticulously double-checking everything several times over and am of the opninion it would be even harder to eliminate the original files since from the updates, the whole collection is quite considerable in scope.

I believe it would go very much without saying that proper credit would be given and a 'wrapping' of the collection would be limited to very specific audiences.

When all is said and done the credits read like a movie list who's-who of FS development.....should this project be approved (or verified to be approved, as I want to be sure I'm reading the previous posts correctly just like you) the credits list looks like this:

Aircraft, Original Texture, Flight Dynamics, etc:
--------------------------------------------------------
Aero Commander Model 680 Super (WITH VC) for FS2004/FS9 by Milton Shupe, Scott Thomas and André Folkers. Pkg incl Gmax A/C and features, custom era correct panel, virtual cockpit, 3 paint schemes, VC gauge backlighting, and "dynamic shine". Updated with highly optimized models June 2006. Optimized Model for the FS9/FSX AC680SVC3 VC Passenger Version Only by Milton Shupe, Scott Thomas, and André Folkers.

Aero Commander Model 560A(HC) for FS9 by Milton Shupe, Scott Thomas, and André Folkers and Team Commander.

Aero Commander Model 520 Cargo by Milton Shupe, Scott Thomas, and Andre Folkers and Team Commander.

Aero Commander Model 520 VC by Milton Shupe, Scott Thomas, Andre Folkers and Urs Burkhardt. The gauge cab included from the 1/5/2006 update, "520add.CAB" and contents, are copyright of Scott Thomas.

Aero Commander Model AC500 Cargo by Milton Shupe, Scott Thomas, and André Folkers for FS2004/FS9/ACoF

Aero Commander Model AC500 and AC500W "Wood" VC by Milton Shupe, Scott Thomas, and André Folkers for FS2004/FS9/ACoF

Rockwell Commander Shrike by Paul Saunders, Scott Thomas, André Folkers and Milton Shupe for FS2004

Many of the flight dynamics are also a product of Jerry Beckwith and his work in this area.

Models by : Milton Shupe
Flight Dynamics : Milton Shupe
Technical Data : Barry Collman, Chris Haag, Jim Metzer, Keith Cloudcraft, Milt Concannon, and others from the Twin Commander Flight Group
Tested : Team Commander Members and great flight simmers everywhere
UVW Mapping : Milton Shupe
Panels : Copyright by Scott Thomas
XML Gauges : Scott Thomas
XML Advisor : many thanks to Nick Pike for technical and programming

Repaint Credits:
-------------------
Aero Commander 500 Cargo "Border Patrol" by Sean Doran
Aero Commander 500 Cargo "Smuggler's Dream" by Sean Doran
Aero Commander 500 Cargo "BushPilots_WG (GondelWhite/Green)" by unnamed webmaster @ bush-pilots.net
Aero Commander 500 T137 "Fuerza aerea argentina" by Damian Radice
Aero Commander 500 "Ansett" by Mark Baker
Aero Commander 500 "Copper on polished metal" by Leon Louis
Aero Commander 500 " Black on polished metal" by Leon Louis
Aero Commander 520 "Red Cross" by Sean Doran
Aero Commander 560A(HC) "Ontario Northern Air Service" by Dan Wambolt
Aero Commander 560A(HC) "N58D" by Warren Landis
Aero Commander 560A(HC) "N201QL" by Morgan Dainow
Aero Commander 560A(HC) "NedAir Adventure" by Nico Oosterom
Aero Commander 560A(HC) "Tasair Green" by (unknown) at add_ons2004 @ yahoo.com
Aero Commander 680S "American Racing Texture" by Ken "Sundog" Scott
Aero Commander 680S "French Racing Texture" by Ken "Sundog" Scott
Aero Commander 680S "Italian Racing Texture" by Ken "Sundog" Scott
Aero Commander 680S "British Racing Texture" by Ken "Sundog" Scott
Aero Commander 680S "German Racing Texture" by Ken "Sundog" Scott
Aero Commander 680S "Moon" by Slim "57Tango" Tannor
Aero Commander 680S "Blue" by Andre Folkers and weathering effects textures by Michel Theriault (paintkit example)
Aero Commander 680S "Ndoki Charters" by Mike Huang
Aero Commander 680S "Safari" by Andre Folkers and weathering effects textures by Michel Theriault
Aero Commander 680S "Yukon Charter" by David Hall
Aero Commander 680S "Margarita Air Club" by Heather Sherman
Aero Commander 680S "Alaskan Winds" by Joao Paz
Aero Commander 680S "CPair Virtual Airways" by Ludo Lambrechts
Aero Commander 680S "Honda Racing Team" by Michel Theriault/ Commander Project Team (Milton Shupe)
Aero Commander 680S "Valiant" by Michel Theriault/ Commander Project Team (Milton Shupe)
Rockwell 500 Shrike Commander "Bahamasair" by Gerry McLaughlin

...and the whole collection is QUITE large.

#2: Re: This really gives me WOOD Author: JG300_HuntLocation: WA State PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:52 am
    ----
May have misread, but is there a package deal going to be available for FS9?

#3: Re: This really gives me WOOD Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:07 am
    ----
...and to give an idea of the Commander versions and liveries that are now assembled, here's a shot of the preview thumbs....this is from FSX just to give an idea of what's been put together, and I've made a parallel setup for FS9 but without the thumbnails and camera views (which I'm tweakin' now prior to final wrapping-up)

44 aircraft in all.....the last screenshot was needed just to show the bottom row of the aircraft included.

#4: Re: This really gives me WOOD Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:23 pm
    ----
Ooo!!! Approval from on high....coolness!! Consider it done (at least, very well underway and almost done), and thanks very much, Milton!

Not really much effort on my part - very enjoyable to go through on this and it lends a view to the very considerable amount of work put in through the whole series!

P.S. Also looks great not only in FS9 and FSx but also Golden Wings 3

#5: Re: This really gives me WOOD Author: MiltonLocation: New Mexico PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:03 pm
    ----
- Shadow_Bshwackr
LOL Stoopy!

Well, I'm sure once you get it sorted, CC will be happy to package them up and make it an "EZ" installer so all can share is this fine aircraft... Wink

I think that would be an excellent idea! Wink

Thanks for all that effort Stoopy.

#6: Re: This really gives me WOOD Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:13 pm
    ----
LOL Stoopy!

Well, I'm sure once you get it sorted, CC will be happy to package them up and make it an "EZ" installer so all can share is this fine aircraft... Wink

#7: Re: This really gives me WOOD Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:07 pm
    ----
Hiya Milton!!!!

Hope I don't talk your ear off, but ever since seeing the "woodie" version and realizing my own hangar of Commaners was never fully up to date, I've been digging into this very subject with all the AC500 / 500 Cargo / AC520 / 560A (HC) / Rockwell Shrike and 680 Super variants for the last two days, collecting and applying all the various upgrades, corrections, improivemens and 3rd-party repaints as well, and am just about done with the whole shebang so I have the full and correct 'collection' on my system, with both FS9 and FSX-specific installs.

The rich heritage of development history on this whole series is never more impressive than when tracking down all those files and everything. WOW.

I realize you're 'retired' so to speak from development and such (and well-deserved, truly) but just as an FYI, a couple of quick notes I've made on this voyage of rediscovery as pertains to both the FS9 collections and updates, and FSX as well:

- The whole series, even without the AC680S-specific updates for FSX, seems to work quite well in FSX, at least for me. This is great news.

- The FSX-specific update for the AC680S may tend to throw some folks off since the "Ike" version isn't included, and also the MDL file for the new model.peg3 folder isn't in the archive in the right place (it's located outside of the main archive folder). This led to the Pegasus version not being able to display, as well as some initial head-scratching on getting the VC cockpit and gauges to show on the Ike version. All better now.

- So what I did for FSX is use the new FPS-friendly models for Pegasus and PT-BUF, and let Ike and all the other repaints use the older FS9-style models and textures....I don't see much difference. Also, they respectively match the new or old .AIR files right now although I'm sure the newer .air file could be aplied to all 680S variants (and the repaints that exist which I've included).

- For the AC520, the link on your site for Update #3 ("VCLite") doesn't yield a download, but takes you back to the home page of your website. With some finagaling, I managed to locate and apply that update though.

- There are a couple of repaints for the AC500 that also visually match the new "wood" VC version beautifully. Specifically, these are Leon Louis' "Copper" and "Black on Polished Metal" liveries, filenames acff1.zip and acff2.zip respectively, available at the usual places like AVSim or Flightsim.com. When merged with the textures for the wood interior, and assigned to use the "wood" panel and model in the aircraft.cfg, they are absolutely gorgeous combinations as well, and make a great Executive Transport selection. Smile

- Gauges in the 560A(HC) and 680 Super versions are fuzzier in comparison to the newer AC500/520 series but I suppose that's to be expected given the development lineage.

Although (and no offense) locating, installing and merging the number of original downloads and updates and combinations is much more of a handful than I expected (like I said, two days and still double-checking everything now) overall, when everything is put together along with the many repaints out there, it truly makes for a superior and remarkable add-on series and the number of selctions rivals the Howard, Spartan and Beech-18. Really happy to hear of what may be in the works for the AC560A(HC) variant......can't wait, but will, and sure it'll be good!

Oh man I knew I'd talk your ear off....sorry!

Last edited by JG300-Stoopy on Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

#8: Re: This really gives me WOOD Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:44 am
    ----
HI Milton and thanks for the links!!

The Spartan radio is the one we're going to address other than that, it looks great! We should have that issue resolved soon... Smile

The Howard is already in our FSX Download section as an "FSX EZ" install complete with thumbnails and all the updates including your VC fix..:wink:

The D18 is another project for the near future as we all need...no... NEED those planes in FSX...lol

#9: Re: This really gives me WOOD Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:29 am
    ----
Cool

Hi Milton,

Thank you for the links, we'll shurely abuse 'm to download everything we can lay our hands on ! Wink
hope all is well at your end and whenever, feel free to call upon us if we can help in any way or form.

fled

#10: Re: This really gives me WOOD Author: MiltonLocation: New Mexico PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:43 am
    ----
Thanks evryone ... happy to deliver the wood goods.

If you are interested you can also get the AC680S with FPS Friendly updates and FSX compatibility.
www.flightsimonline.co...80sfsx.zip

And if you haven't downloaded the Howard 500 FPS friendly and VC improvement updates: www.flightsimonline.co...4Updts.zip

The AC560A (HC) model version is being worked on.

AFAIK, the Spartan and D18S are okay in FSX aside possibly for a gauge message or two. Let me know otherwise.

#11: Re: This really gives me WOOD Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:54 pm
    ----
With the exception of one gauge (that isn't critical) it works right nice in FSX....and so far, after a fair amount of juggling and head scratching, the whole Aero Commander 500/520/560/680 and Rockwell Commander Shrike series is working in FSX too......one more step toward the dream becoming reality!

#12: Re: This really gives me WOOD Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:40 pm
    ----
Oh, well, simply gorgeous!

On the other FSX thread, it seems to me I read there's a chance to use it into the new sim as well... that would be a dream: moving the whole Milton's hangar into FSX...
Cool

Marco

#13: Re: This really gives me WOOD Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:26 pm
    ----
Got it!!! Thanks for the 'tip'...:D

#14: Re: This really gives me WOOD Author: JG300_HuntLocation: WA State PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:01 am
    ----
Didn't think the Aero Commander could be improved upon, but oh my freakin' gawd, what an awesome addition!!!

#15: Re: This really gives me WOOD Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:12 am
    ----
OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAH.......
I LIKE IT

-> FS2004