For JoeD...
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: For JoeD... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:25 pm
    ----
Ask 'Yambo' about his 'run-in' with the tower on this Gunnery.

BTW: Hes loader on 65,....I was loader on 66.

Mr. Green
Memories are sooo cool.... Cool
Don

#2: Re: For JoeD... Author: SabotLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:26 am
    ----
Man, what was up with A-13? Low man on the totem pole.

#3: Re: For JoeD... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:01 am
    ----
HAHAHA....

Actually that is the tank, inwhich I assumed the Gunners seat in 88 when I made E-5.

The gunner 'moved-on' and I was teamed up with the same TC.

Don

#4: Re: For JoeD... Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:56 pm
    ----
Argh,
Don, I don't know what it is about the net here, I can see some pictures but not others, Cannot figure out why either, no logical pattern, Saw your V100 pics but can't view these or the Vine grove M60. Gonna have to make a trip to the internet cafe again. BTW, looks like I might finish out my time at Knox when I get back. Is it still mandatory to attend the retirement ceremony???? Old Yambo said he'd make a special trip just to see me in class "A's". I really don't want to buy a new set.

Joe D

#5: Re: For JoeD... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:18 pm
    ----
- Joe_D
Argh,
Don, I don't know what it is about the net here, I can see some pictures but not others, Cannot figure out why either, no logical pattern, Saw your V100 pics but can't view these or the Vine grove M60. Gonna have to make a trip to the internet cafe again. BTW, looks like I might finish out my time at Knox when I get back. Is it still mandatory to attend the retirement ceremony???? Old Yambo said he'd make a special trip just to see me in class "A's". I really don't want to buy a new set.

Joe D

Retirement Ceremony??? If assigned to Ft Knox...sorta

That'll be cool, I'll even attend!! A reunion of sorts???

I can send photos on the 'alternate' path...Let me know.

Don

#6: Re: For JoeD... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:24 pm
    ----
You've got mail on 'alternate' source.....

Don

#7: Re: For JoeD... Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:30 pm
    ----
- Dontos
- Joe_D
Argh,

Joe D

Retirement Ceremony??? If assigned to Ft Knox...sorta

That'll be cool, I'll even attend!! A reunion of sorts???

I can send photos on the 'alternate' path...Let me know.

Don

Can I get an Invite? Sounds like fun

I didn't think the Army knew what class As were anymore. I see more folks in BDUs, Fatigues, Cammies, or whatever you call the field uniform in places where I would have gotten in trouble for fatigues back when i was in teh Air Force. ESPECIALLY in the 'Washington Military District' (where the rules were always tougher)

#8: Re: For JoeD... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:45 pm
    ----
Bob

Joe is paired up with a friend of mine from 'waaaay back'. Me & his 'truck mate' went thru basic/AIT and then were roomates for 3+ years. Haven't seen him since 1989, so it would be a treat to get back together again.

Of course, Joe & I shared some space in Korea in 91.

So, a reunion it turely would be. 'We' can have a little get together, and I'll see if I can arrange for a tour if anyone is interested.

Don

#9: Re: For JoeD... Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:27 pm
    ----
Don,
Got the pictures on the alternate source, Thanks, Also got the desired effect on Yambo, Thanks again. Who knows, might be a good thing to have a sorta reunion when I retire. Just ain't into that ceremony sort of thing. Will be assigned there at least 5-6 months depending on how much terminal leave I have. Too far out to plan right now. Still got four months to go.

Bob,
The Army actually encourages to wear the new ACU's in public. In fact we are authorized to wear them when traveling. It's sorta like a living billboard thing. I imagine recruiting pushed for it or some other PR branch. It's limited to ACU's. DCU/BDU rule in public is still the same. I haven't seen it enforced with much zeal since most of the guys breaking that rule are Reserve/Gaurd and don't have much choice. I myself hate them. Look forward to wearing my BDU's again.

Joe D

-> AFV News Discussion Board