T34/76 recently discovered?
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: T34/76 recently discovered? Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:49 am
    ----
okay fellas, i am thinking this is old news...
just received an email from a friend in re: a T34/76 in German markings that was discovered/pulled from a "lake"... is this old news or is this very recent?
shawn

#2: Re: T34/76 recently discovered? Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:57 am
    ----
Surely the one recovered from a lake in Estonia in 2000... this story comes back on forums quite often..

for example : http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=114287&sid=8562ccb74b0bcc8e3ddad77ddd71be42

P-O

#3: Re: T34/76 recently discovered? Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:29 am
    ----
Hi Shawn! Hi Folks!

- SHAWN

okay fellas, i am thinking this is old news...
just received an email from a friend in re: a T34/76 in German markings that was discovered/pulled from a "lake"... is this old news or is this very recent?
shawn

From the photos in your second post, you are correct, that story is old news.

I think this is about the fourth or fifth time I have seen that story. Only one was new, it had some additional photos of the vehicle after it was taken apart.

New news would be if they were able to get it back together and they have someplace to keep it out of the weather.

Spot Report!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#4: Re: T34/76 recently discovered? Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:19 pm
    ----
that's a bingo! that is the story, i thought it was a story being retold. the story that just came around had about a dozen photos with it, ones i hadnt seen before.
water and time would make this one helluva restoration...

-> AFV News Discussion Board