Dodge WC43
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Dodge WC43 Author: TimRoyallLocation: Holland PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:57 am
    ----
A friend of mine in the Netherlands is restoring a Dodge WC43 telephone repair service truck. Does anyone know anything about the history of these vehicles or where we can look? All we really know is that about 370 were built but are there many surviving? This particular one was imported into the Netherlands from Canada a couple of years ago.

A restoration website is online at www.WC43.com

Any help much appreciated.

Tim,

#2: Re: Dodge WC43 Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:16 pm
    ----
Some people on here might be able to look, but the forums on www.g503.com are probably better...

Neil

#3: Re: Dodge WC43 Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:50 pm
    ----
I did some research on a WC-27 Ambulance that was at Ft Irwin, CA. The serial number for these vehicles should be found inside the front left wheel well, stamped into the frame, just in front of the shock mount. My serial number was 81510060. Once you find your number, let me know and I'll see if I can find my contact that can decode the serial number. He told me that the WC-27 was only built for one year in 1941. It was the 59th truck made in it's contract run, and thus should have W-75459 as its registration number, which would have been painted on its hood originally. I'll have to find my file I made on that Ambulance research and then maybe I can find that contact. Let me know if you can find that serial number. If the frame is badly rusted, it may take some sanding to reveal the number. I also found this to be a good location for serial numbers of M2 Half-Tracks built by White Motor Car.

#4: Re: Dodge WC43 Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:22 am
    ----
Tim, I found this picture of the WC27 Ambulance I was researching. This is the area of the front left wheelwell / frame I was speaking of. I hope this helps your research.

#5: Re: Dodge WC43 Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:40 am
    ----
try this.......

www.pbase.com/kees_s/wc43&page=1

#6: Re: Dodge WC43 Author: TimRoyallLocation: Holland PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:20 pm
    ----
That's the one!

-> AFV News Discussion Board