AFVs in France
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#31: Re: AFVs in France Author: pascalbaussetLocation: France PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:56 pm
    ----
The Sherman in the pic is a Sherman DD named Bold and is located in Courseulles sur mer (Normandy).

Here a pic taken in 1977 :

[img][/img]

Click to enlarge

More here in my webshots page :

Webshots Page pascal bausset

Best regard.

#32: Re: AFVs in France Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:59 pm
    ----
Nice album Pascal, thanks for posting it!

#33: Re: AFVs in France Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:05 pm
    ----
Pascal, Do you know the location of the SEXTON? thank you

#34: Re: AFVs in France Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:23 pm
    ----
The Sexton is located at Ver-sur-Mer, it was donated in 2002 by the son of the Major Robert Kiln, officer in the 86th (Hertfordshire Yeomanry) Field Regiment Royal artillery.

#35: Re: AFVs in France Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:39 pm
    ----
thank you

#36: Re: AFVs in France Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:01 am
    ----
I need to identify these Half-Tracks :

N° 1 :

N° 2 :

N° 3 :

N° 4 :

N° 5 :

N° 6 :

N° 7, seems to be an ex-M6 GMC without its turret :

N° 8 :

P-O

#37: Re: AFVs in France Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:12 am
    ----
- the_shadock
Thanks Jim for the identification of the AMX.
Thanks Pascal for your identification of the Montmirail. When the first edition of the list will be finished, I will send it to you for pssible addings.

Don, there is an M8 Greyhound on Utah Beach, Leclerc monument near St-Martin-de-Varreville, with a Half Track and they recently added a Sherman there.
If you find a photo of the M8 at the Pointe du Hoc, I would be interested to see it.

P-O

Found this on a site ( Normandy Photo tour ? )

Perhaps this is the one I am thinking about? Taken in 2005 (??)

I Haven't found my old 1977 photos yetm but still looking.

Don

#38: Re: AFVs in France Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:56 am
    ----
The photo you have found on this website clearly shows the M8 Greyhound which is exposed near Utah Beach at the Leclerc's 2ème DB monument. However thanks for the link, there are several interessting photos on this slideshow.. Wink If you go a little further in the slideshow you could see how rusted the half-track is.. In 2006 the other side of the mudguard was broken and remains under the half-track...

Pierre-Olivier

#39: Re: AFVs in France Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:42 pm
    ----
What is this tank, exposed at Saumur?

#40: Re: AFVs in France Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:11 pm
    ----
ELC Bis

Cool

#41: Re: AFVs in France Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:19 pm
    ----
Some more to identify, post-WW2 tanks are not my cup of tea :

(The tank hull on the left)

(The Bridgelayer ans the Russian one)

(The three ones on the foreground)

Another view

(The yellow tank on the right)

(The one on the foreground)

(The three on this photo)

(This one, probably not the last)

Thanks

P-O

#42: Re: AFVs in France Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:51 pm
    ----
Pierre-Olivier,
Here's my Saumur pictures from 2004... I posted these on the old board way back when, but new folks on here likely have not seen them...

AMX-30s (outside & inside)

AMX-50

ARL-44

Bergepanther

Char B1 bis

Chieftain

I thought this was an ELC AMX?

ELC Even (inside & in the inside playroom!)

FlakPz IV

Hetzer

JgPz IV

JgPz IV-70

JgPz V Jagdpanther

M4 Sherman (dont think we were able to determine the exact model without a rear view)

M4A3E8 Sherman "Uskub"

M26 Pershing

M48 Patton

Marder I

Merkava I (this was a temporary exhibit? in 2004, may no longer be there)

PzKpfw I

PzKpfw II

PzKpfw III

PzKpfw IV

PzKpfw V Panther

PzKpfw VI King Tiger

Somua S 35

CA1 Schneider

St Chamond

StuG III

VP90

Neil

#43: Re: AFVs in France Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:59 pm
    ----
Oops, still more...

Leopard 2 prototype

More M4 Shermans

M24 Chaffee & others

M26 Dragon Wagon

M31 TRV

FCM 36 - I think I you have pics of this one restored? Or are there 2 survivors?

VXB right?

Various...

#44: Re: AFVs in France Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:07 pm
    ----
Thanks for the photos, Neil.
The Saumur collection is just an incredible mess, it makes me crazy to sort all this out. Imagine that on their website they claim to own around 800 vehicles, 200 are in full running condition, and 1000 tons of spare parts.

I have these sources to try to clearly sort all he vehicles that are stored outside the Bossut Hall :

http://www.tanxheaven.com/sd/SaumurCollection2006/SaumurCollection06.htm

http://vincesgallery.smugmug.com/gallery/1343683#63387957

http://henk.fox3000.com/saumur2.htm

For all the vehicles inside it seems to be ok, however the museum is all the time moving its vehicles here and there.. so I may have listed one vehicle and it is not yet on public display..

P-O

#45: Re: AFVs in France Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:07 pm
    ----
This Char B1 bis from Saumur was displayed at Eurosatory last year

Neil

-> AFV News Discussion Board