RPG BARRIER USED BY 11 ACR IN VIETNAM
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: RPG BARRIER USED BY 11 ACR IN VIETNAM Author: Howard_Thompson PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:48 am
    ----
The 1/8th Sheridan 'ARIZONA' is nearing completion. You guys have come through in the past and I need some detail information on the posts and the chain link fencing material used to erect individual vehicle RPG barriers.
Photos would really be appreciated ACAVS or Sheridans.

#2: Re: RPG BARRIER USED BY 11 ACR IN VIETNAM Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:08 am
    ----
Hi Howard,
I have a number of pics of RPG nets both rolled up and deployed among those posted on the pages here:

www.vhpamuseum.org/11t...hcav.shtml

The pics are "dynamic" and can be enlarged by clicking on them. If there is something there that you need in higher resolution, I can scan them when I get home. I'm out of the country at the moment, but will be back by Sunday or Monday. Look for pics of Sheridans in the NDP for deployed nets, such as:
www.vhpamuseum.org/11t...viewsx.jpg

or Pat Rundle (a buddy's) of this M109:
www.vhpamuseum.org/11t...26vhpa.jpg

or some of Roy's shots.
I may have some not posted...I'll check when I get home.

Cheers!
Doug

#3: Re: RPG BARRIER USED BY 11 ACR IN VIETNAM Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:59 am
    ----
Howard u need any pics of a Sheridan?

#4: Re: RPG BARRIER USED BY 11 ACR IN VIETNAM Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:41 pm
    ----
Hi Howard! Hi Folks!

If I remember right, the chain link was standard commerical fencing about four feet wider than the vehicle it was being set out in front of. The stakes were standard six foot engineer stakes.

This is my track "Boom-Boom" with Pops, my driver, and our dog Butch.

Hope this may help some.
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#5: Re: RPG BARRIER USED BY 11 ACR IN VIETNAM Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:29 am
    ----
...and a closeup of one mounted on G39. Some used plain 90 degree angle iron for stakes...whatever you could drive into the ground.

#6: Re: RPG BARRIER USED BY 11 ACR IN VIETNAM Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:41 am
    ----
ROCKVILLE INDIANA

#7: Re: RPG BARRIER USED BY 11 ACR IN VIETNAM Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:58 am
    ----
Did this Sheridan have a plaque or information board?

#8: Re: RPG BARRIER USED BY 11 ACR IN VIETNAM Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:12 am
    ----
Hi Folks!

That vehicle was upgraded with a LRF.

That vehicle almost looks serviceable. I would guess it didn't come the NTC's OpFor vehicle set.

Very interesting.
Sgt, Scouts out!

#9: Re: RPG BARRIER USED BY 11 ACR IN VIETNAM Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:09 pm
    ----
Jeff sorry to take so long.......

-> AFV News Discussion Board