Attn: Doug....Found some RVN Army M41 photos
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Attn: Doug....Found some RVN Army M41 photos Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:38 am
    ----
Doug

Lost the link to the site, here are a couple of photos...

I'll try to rediscover the site.

Don

#2: Re: Attn: Doug....Found some RVN Army M41 photos Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:51 am
    ----
Thanks, Don. I've got a few from my ARVN Col. friend in Paris, but certainly not in color! And of course the ones from the Gen. Hieu site. Waitin' for that link!

D.

#3: Re: Attn: Doug....Found some RVN Army M41 photos Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:28 am
    ----
Interesting photo! I've never seen a 'Dog with anything around the turret like that. What year was this taken?

Jeff

#4: Re: Attn: Doug....Found some RVN Army M41 photos Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:29 am
    ----
....another of the 'current day' Museum vehicle in Ho Chi Minh City?

Still looking for last posts link....

Don

#5: Re: Attn: Doug....Found some RVN Army M41 photos Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:34 am
    ----
Well here is where I got the photos....

6 / 14 artillery: Vietnam

Don

#6: Re: Attn: Doug....Found some RVN Army M41 photos Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:45 am
    ----
Check this photo...

Caption:
Tank(dead) on perimeter Kontum, Central Highlands Tank was supposed to scare VC (ARVN's thought) - 1970

Don

#7: Re: Attn: Doug....Found some RVN Army M41 photos Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:18 pm
    ----
- Dontos
Check this photo...

Caption:
Tank(dead) on perimeter Kontum, Central Highlands Tank was supposed to scare VC (ARVN's thought) - 1970

Don

Yeah, like the local VC/NVA wouldn't know the vehicles' actual status in about 48 hours (or less). Rolling Eyes

#8: Re: Attn: Doug....Found some RVN Army M41 photos Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:45 am
    ----
Hi Folks!

Are those US Army M41s?

I saw a number of ARVN M41s during my short time in Vietnam, I don't ever remember any of them carrying sandbags like that.

Interesting photos!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#9: Re: Attn: Doug....Found some RVN Army M41 photos Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:01 am
    ----
- Roy_A_Lingle
Hi Folks!

Are those US Army M41s?

I saw a number of ARVN M41s during my short time in Vietnam, I don't ever remember any of them carrying sandbags like that.

Interesting photos!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

Roy,
While the guy on the ground is defininitely G.I., enlarging the pic shows the guy in the tank to be (I think) ARVN. He also is wearing headphones and mic around his neck with no CVC helmet. The article references M48's in the Bet Het battle, but you know newspapers...even Stars and Stripes.

I think these are ARVN vehicles outposted with G.I.'s. The vehicle with the white star in the background looks to be a 2.5 ton truck.

D.

-> AFV News Discussion Board