need some feedback
-> FS2004

#1: need some feedback Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:36 pm
    ----
as you all know I'm allways tinkering around at something Laughing

Anyways found some alternative generic tree textures that I must say give a "better" optical look from further away than the ones I had implanted in the "envipack"

Attached 4 screenies for you fella's to comment on, also underneath the link for full Size pic's they are each 1600x1200x32

pic#1 full Size

pic#2 full Size

pic#3 full Size

pic#4 full Size

let's hear it folks ! Laughing

fled
Wink

#2: Re: need some feedback Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:26 pm
    ----
Waiting for the next ones you promised.
Mr. Green
Marco

#3: Re: need some feedback Author: JG300_HuntLocation: WA State PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:49 pm
    ----
After glaring for time on end, I have to say I personally like the ones from both Image 1 and Image 3, which I believe are the same textures at two different angles (?)

#4: Re: need some feedback Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:57 pm
    ----
to add some more to the confusion Laughing
here some more screenies from other vantage points

pic#5 full Size

pic#6 full Size

pic#7 full Size

pic#8 full Size

have fun !

fled
Wink

#5: Re: need some feedback Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:26 pm
    ----
The difference is in the coloration of the trees. I like the ones that are more realistic. They tend to match the terrain better and don't stand out as much. The trees in the old textures are more bluegray, and look wrong for the area.

#6: Re: need some feedback Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:14 pm
    ----
I second the motion that trees that look more realistic are better (novel idea!!). The blue and gray ones in pics 3, 5 and 7 look like poopy IMHO (and no offense to your efforts, Fled). Like they have that disease from breathing too much smog. Th'other ones look superior.

Last edited by JG300-Stoopy on Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

#7: Re: need some feedback Author: JG300_HuntLocation: WA State PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:27 pm
    ----
After a second look and the new pics, I have to agree - I see what you mean by blue and gray. At a first glance, they looked more detailed as far as textures go, although the coloration is a bit unreal. Great point indeed. Will have to second Stoopy's motion (no way connected to his leadership position and the penalty for disagreeing with the CO! I hear you loose your rations for a week!!)

#8: Re: need some feedback Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:40 am
    ----
I am voting along with the snout crowd fled, good work (where do you get your energy M8?)
~S~ Slow

(PS, I still like fs9 environment you created, better than FSX in my opinion)

#9: Re: need some feedback Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:33 pm
    ----
I substantially agree with the statements above.
Though from a close point of view the clearer trees look more detailed and attractive (it seems like you can pick apples from them), from a distant perspective they are rather unrealistic.

So my vote goes to the darker ones.
Wink
Marco

#10: Re: need some feedback Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:00 pm
    ----
OK, thankx all for the comments!

they are very much appreciated !

now drag yer tails over to www.avsim.com or www.flightsim.com and do a search for :

treegen.zip
by Feng Zhu

and have fun with it, you can install 'm over the envipack no problemo

enjoy !

fled
Cool

#11: Re: need some feedback Author: tomclayton PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:00 am
    ----
I've been running the TreeGen textures for quite a while now - never looked back!

-> FS2004