Ordnance Museums Hidden Ammunition Collection
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Ordnance Museums Hidden Ammunition Collection Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:24 pm
    ----
www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWr8ZHGmiLc

Cool

#2: Re: Ordnance Museums Hidden Ammunition Collection Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:03 pm
    ----
Yeah, thats from the museum warehouse...

Neil

#3: Re: Ordnance Museums Hidden Ammunition Collection Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:14 pm
    ----
What's the fancy stuff at about 5:13-5:20?

#4: Re: Ordnance Museums Hidden Ammunition Collection Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:31 pm
    ----
Sorry, dunno... I havent spent much time looking at that stuff honestly...

Neil

#5: Re: Ordnance Museums Hidden Ammunition Collection Author: obobLocation: South SF-Bay area, California PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:20 am
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
What's the fancy stuff at about 5:13-5:20?

I'd guess missile guidance components

#6: Re: Ordnance Museums Hidden Ammunition Collection Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:13 am
    ----
Most of that collection came down to Aberdeen when the Piccatinney Arsenel museum closed ( I think the base closed but I'm not sure.) It is in the warehouse that I give tours of. I don't spend much time on it. I give folks a chance to see the big rounds sitting on the floor but I'm actually very nervous about someone knocking one over and getting hurt. If someone is interested in the ammunition collection I think there is a volunteer (an ex EOD troop) who would be better. (I haven't seen him around when I've been there lately but he's probably still around)

#7: Re: Ordnance Museums Hidden Ammunition Collection Author: JG300_HuntLocation: WA State PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:22 am
    ----
Which warehouse on Aberdeen? I used to work for the National Ground Intel Center over there. Got to drive and play with all the foreign armor and also work up ammunition.

#8: Re: Ordnance Museums Hidden Ammunition Collection Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:01 am
    ----
Same one the Christie and the cut open T34 are in. I think it is 4038. It's next to the parking area where all the vehicles that were removed from the old 'Mile of Tanks' were stored in while awaiting refurb (a bunch are still there) When were you at Aberdeen?

#9: Re: Ordnance Museums Hidden Ammunition Collection Author: warddw PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:53 pm
    ----
Hey Bob...

Boy I need to take a trip up there with my digital camera and photo some of this stuff. There is a way to take those images into PRODAS now and create ordnance replicas of all that stuff. Who do I have to kill to arrange for an all day photo tour?

Derek

#10: Re: Ordnance Museums Hidden Ammunition Collection Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:22 pm
    ----
- warddw
Hey Bob...

Boy I need to take a trip up there with my digital camera and photo some of this stuff. There is a way to take those images into PRODAS now and create ordnance replicas of all that stuff. Who do I have to kill to arrange for an all day photo tour?

Derek

Well every now and then there are a few in Bethesda that I would put on the list Twisted Evil Would I need a work package?

Probably no one. We might want to run it by Ed Heasley, the curator, but if you and I were to work out a day I don't think he would have a problem.

#11: Re: Ordnance Museums Hidden Ammunition Collection Author: JG300_HuntLocation: WA State PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:27 pm
    ----
I was at APG from around 1998 - early 2001. Originally from MD too, I stop in and visit some old friends there from time to time

-> AFV News Discussion Board