Which AFV does this track link comes from??
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Which AFV does this track link comes from?? Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:51 pm
    ----
Hi,

I have this track link in my collection, and I don't know which vehicle use such tracks.. could somebody help me to identify it? Thanks

#2: Re: Which AFV does this track link comes from?? Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:08 pm
    ----
Hi Folks!

That one rubber block looks like it has NSN or NATO NSN number. Anyone have a NSN supply catalog available?

Looks like 2530-12-175-4088 to me.

Just guessing:
IVECO/OTO Melara VCC-80 IFV Italy
MCV-80/Warrier UK

Sgt, Scouts Out!

#3: Re: Which AFV does this track link comes from?? Author: javallsLocation: Rio de Janeiro - BR PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:09 pm
    ----
By the way the rubber pad is fixed, I would say it is the Diehl track, for M113 for instance.

Javalls

#4: Re: Which AFV does this track link comes from?? Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:28 pm
    ----
Hi everyone,
It's Diehl track, you can make out the Trademark "D" on it next to the Stock number. Looks like the track the Germans used on the M109 series. Just a guess though.

Joe D

#5: Re: Which AFV does this track link comes from?? Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:52 pm
    ----
Hello again,

thanks for your help Joe, Roy and Javalls. I think it's most likely an M-113 track link :

Pierre-Olivier

#6: Re: Which AFV does this track link comes from?? Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:07 am
    ----
Hi Pierre! Hi Folks!

- the_shadock
Hello again,

I think it's most likely an M-113 track link :

Pierre-Olivier

I don't think that is a track block for a M113.

The M113 type has holes on both sides of the rubber pad for the sprocket teeth to bit into and pull/push on the block.

The one you have has no holes in the metal part of the block.
The pad is off set to one side, the pad for the M113 is centered between the holes for the sprocket.
The one you have the sprocket teeth must push/pull on the end connectors.

It may well be a type of Diehl track block, but it is NOT the type used on the M113s.

Spot Report!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#7: Re: Which AFV does this track link comes from?? Author: javallsLocation: Rio de Janeiro - BR PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:58 pm
    ----
Hi Roy,

Just check this:
Diehl itself indicates this track for M113.
See www.army-technology.co...iehl3.html
Pictures 5 and 6 clearily shows the rubber pad is offset.
The spare track and the track itself on M113 picture confirms it.
Diehl tracks do not have holes for sprocket teeth simply because they do not need to. On Diehl tracks the sprocket pulls by end connectors. There are plenty of pictures on the web.
The original M113 track are the ones you describe, with centered rubber pad and holes for sprocket teeth.

Regards,

J Valls

#8: Re: Which AFV does this track link comes from?? Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:01 pm
    ----
I did a little comparison between tracks equipping an M113 and the one I own. They are obviously the same, if you look attentively :

The track on the M113 hasn't hole for the sprocket teeth, like mine and the pad is not centered.

Pierre-Olivier

-> AFV News Discussion Board