drawing from Aberdeen showing the location of about 250 piec
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: drawing from Aberdeen showing the location of about 250 piec Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:05 am
    ----
I have a drawing from Aberdeen showing the location of about 250 pieces on the grounds. It is in the early 80's time frame. Does anyone have an interest in a copy? Next how do I get it to you all? Its 17x19, maybe i could break it down into sections that you all could put back together..any ideas, very readable at full size

#2: Re: drawing from Aberdeen showing the location of about 250 piec Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:51 am
    ----
Ah yes, the infamous layout map. I've made a few copies for folks over the years but with things being moved off for refurb and not always going back in the same place it gets less relevent as time goes on. I suggested they digitize it and put it on the Ordnance Museum Foundation website
Ordnance Museum Foundation
but found out that there was a squable years back about the ownership of the document. Seems the person who did the master (with help from others) as a 'volunteer' effort later claimed copyright ownership and wanted royalties when the Foundation planned to sell it in the gift shop.

It is a b*%$h to copy on an office copier. getting it lined up for smooth transitions on 8.5x11 paper is almost impossible and the sections always seem to 'break' at the worst places.

#3: Re: drawing from Aberdeen showing the location of about 250 piec Author: worthhaggerton PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:16 am
    ----
Hello from Texas,
Very nice
Thanks

Worth Haggerton

#4: Re: drawing from Aberdeen showing the location of about 250 piec Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:41 pm
    ----
the Museum gave it to me for free so I will share it for free, I find it mostly interesting for "what was there"

Anyone wanting a copy of this email me at armyjunk @ yahoo.com

-> AFV News Discussion Board