We missed our anniversary?! Thank you Com-Central!
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: We missed our anniversary?! Thank you Com-Central! Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:46 pm
    ----
Does it seem possible, we've been here 13 months?! Jan 22, (2006....my registration date) passed and I didn't even notice. I guess that means it's sufficiently natural to be here that it doesn't bear much thought any more.

Anyway, I'm grateful for the space the Com-Central admins graciously gives us to play out our armor fetish, free from nasty spam 'bots while sharing each other's good company. Thanks to everybody for being here. Wink

If you feel the same way, sound off, you never know who's watchin'...

#2: Re: We missed our anniversary?! Thank you Com-Central! Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:05 pm
    ----
WOW...time does fly when you're having fun...lol

#3: Re: We missed our anniversary?! Thank you Com-Central! Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:16 pm
    ----
Why does your avatar remind of the crews working on our water mains in San Diego, Jerry? Wink

#4: Re: We missed our anniversary?! Thank you Com-Central! Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:22 pm
    ----
a most sincere thank you to our wingy thing breathren for their generosity and gracious acceptence of our treadhead presence. Smile Smile Smile

Jeff Lewis

#5: Re: We missed our anniversary?! Thank you Com-Central! Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:57 pm
    ----
Thanks for the site, I've had all these pictures for years neatly filed away, fun to share them with you folks AJ2

#6: Re: We missed our anniversary?! Thank you Com-Central! Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:07 pm
    ----
- piney
a most sincere thank you to our wingy thing breathren for their generosity and gracious acceptence of our treadhead presence. Smile Smile Smile

Jeff Lewis

Agreed A fine example of combined arms integration.

#7: Re: We missed our anniversary?! Thank you Com-Central! Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:26 pm
    ----
Yes,
Thank you very much. I still curse those bloody spam bots Evil or Very Mad for ruining the old forum though.

Joe D

#8: Re: We missed our anniversary?! Thank you Com-Central! Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:35 pm
    ----
LOL Doug! I like that avatar, it reminds me of the workers in my state..lol

It's been a real pleasure having AFV here!

#9: Re: We missed our anniversary?! Thank you Com-Central! Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:49 am
    ----
Hi Folks!

Thanks for the site and thanks to all who hang out here so I can talk about my number one subject, even if I don't know what I am talking about half the time!

Sgt, Scouts Out!

#10: Re: We missed our anniversary?! Thank you Com-Central! Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:31 am
    ----
A nice exchange of knowledge around here! Thanks for a great year!

Jeff

#11: Re: We missed our anniversary?! Thank you Com-Central! Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:46 pm
    ----
Glad to hear that you Armour folks feel at home here with us !

even in spite stumbling over a fly thingy or two so now and then Wink

fled

#12: Re: We missed our anniversary?! Thank you Com-Central! Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:09 pm
    ----
yes, thanks for the site and the hard work that continues to go into it!!
i enjoy the site when i have the opportunity to visit. glad we had an unofficial afvnews "get together", hope to have more of those...
sr

#13: Re: We missed our anniversary?! Thank you Com-Central! Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:51 am
    ----
I have got to say that at first I was skeptical of the move. But call me old fashioned, I hate changes. However this is my 1,001 post here in the past year, (with lots of pictures) and I love this site. Thanks to all that made it possible, esspecially Doug and Shadow_Bshwackr, and of course Mr. Bradford!!! My son Jeffrey thanks you as well.

#14: Re: We missed our anniversary?! Thank you Com-Central! Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:18 pm
    ----
- SFC_Jeff_Button
I have got to say that at first I was skeptical of the move. But call me old fashioned, I hate changes.

They don't call some of us "curmudgeons" for nothing..we hate changes...but when the old board was finally put to death, it had something between 200,00 and 250,000 'Bot hits on it...spanning about four months. And it was accelerating. A million 'Bot posts a year is intolerable, and that's where we were going. I deleted 300 a day on several occasions, and Geoff and George were whacking away some too.

You see that bar over on the left of your screen that displays "Who is Where" like "members" and "visitor"? Usually you'll see 2-5 "visitors, but sometimes, you'll see a spike of up to 100-130 or more "visitors"...those are 'Bot probes that don't get past the excellent C-C security provisions to post. You can even see them trying to get in "user profiles", Uh-uhh...ain't happenin'. They don't register in the C-C "stats" section, but they're out there, trying to get in.

That, and excellent janitorial services, is why we're here. Wink

-> AFV News Discussion Board