Help For IL2
-> IL2/FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters

#1: Help For IL2 Author: airbn506 PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:52 pm
    ----
Hi

I got IL2 when i bought my CH Pro Pedals as a bonus.

The game looks great except for one thing. I cant take off. I start the engine, put flaps to take off, allpy brakes, run up engine, release brakes. I gain speed and as soon as i start to lift off the plane rolls uncontrollably to the left or right. I have tried calibrating my stick, unplug replug, and anything elae i could think of to get off the ground. Aileron trim is neutral.

I have a CH Combat stick and CH Rudder pedals.

If you have any ideas please let me know.

Thanks

#2: Re: Help For IL2 Author: RAF92_BattleHawkLocation: British Columbia, Canada PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:28 pm
    ----
The Il2 game has some very touchy stall charicteristics. Make sure you use all the runway, and if possible, let the plane take it's sefl off. Or GENTLY pull back on the stick.

Regards,
BattleHawk

#3: Re: Help For IL2 Author: RM_Stoneman PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:24 am
    ----
You will find it imperative on several models to use tailwheel lock You will find it in Contols Map it to a button get lined up straight on runway, ease forward SLOWLY then toggle tailwheel lock when you know your tailwheel is straight use take off flaps and don't force it off the ground, it will lift off on its own when you are up to rotation speed Good Luck

#4: Re: Help For IL2 Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:53 am
    ----
HI airbn506 and welcome to Com Central....

Do you have the original version of IL2? If so, that game did have a problem with that. You can upgrade your version with patches from the IL2 Web Site-Click HERE! , but be forewarned, if it is the original, it's a long way to get up to current. You may be better off buying the Combo pack available in the retail stores. Smile

-> IL2/FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters