New Airbus 380
-> Officer's Club

#1: New Airbus 380 Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:00 pm
    ----
Got hold of these from work.
Not sure how old they are (or if they've been posted before).
Think they're Airbus promotional shots.
They're mostly interior and the one exterior isn't too good.
Anyway, they're here if anyone wants them:-

i20.photobucket.com/al...arding.jpg

i20.photobucket.com/al...ll/1-2.jpg

i20.photobucket.com/al...ll/2-1.jpg

i20.photobucket.com/al...ll/3-1.jpg

i20.photobucket.com/al...ll/4-1.jpg

i20.photobucket.com/al...ll/5-1.jpg

i20.photobucket.com/al...ll/6-1.jpg

i20.photobucket.com/al...ll/7-1.jpg

i20.photobucket.com/al...ll/8-1.jpg

Enjoy.

#2: Re: New Airbus 380 Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:39 pm
    ----
thanks shades, whats that she has taped up on the wall in pix 7-1?

#3: Re: New Airbus 380 Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:54 pm
    ----
- HF_SlowHand
thanks shades, whats that she has taped up on the wall in pix 7-1?

It looks like there may be an infusion or something running, though that's an odd setup with the upright bottle at the bottom, maybe a trap or something.

#4: Re: New Airbus 380 Author: RAF92_BattleHawkLocation: British Columbia, Canada PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:48 am
    ----
I'm willng to bet those are all in the 1st class area, and that those seats will cost a fortune. But I'm also sure that if (when) one of those go down, there is going to be hell to pay. Oh well, I'm sure the other seats must be reasonably good, or those aircraft arn't going sell them selves.

#5: Re: New Airbus 380 Author: RAF92_MoserLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:22 am
    ----
Oh, man, I want to get on that plane. I want to NOW!

#6: Re: New Airbus 380 Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:31 pm
    ----
I just want to see them load that plane at a standard single file Jetway!

You'll need to start loading the day before departure!

Am I the only one that remembers the design studies back in the '70s witha a 747 that had an upper deck the entire length of the fuselage? They were talking about having up to 1000 passengers. Boeing stopped the design studies because no airline wanted that big of a plane.

#7: Re: New Airbus 380 Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:54 pm
    ----
- bsmart
I just want to see them load that plane at a standard single file Jetway!

You'll need to start loading the day before departure!

Am I the only one that remembers the design studies back in the '70s witha a 747 that had an upper deck the entire length of the fuselage? They were talking about having up to 1000 passengers. Boeing stopped the design studies because no airline wanted that big of a plane.

I don't care about the jetways or the loading/unloading because I don't generally use an airline that has bought into this elephant...

BUT...I am concerned about the impact at security and passport control at the numerous international airports that I frequent when one these lands ahead of me. I've already stricken London Gatwick and Heathrow from my only-if-it's-necessary routing list for the services there (and some of the Vogons that staff those) which will only get worse, but I worry for places like Frankfort, CDG, GRU, DFW and others that I can't avoid when this thing does get in the air.

#8: Re: New Airbus 380 Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:47 pm
    ----
*if

lol

#9: Re: New Airbus 380 Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:59 pm
    ----
- Shades
*if

lol

Optimist!

#10: Re: New Airbus 380 Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:47 pm
    ----
heheh
I think it will fly commercially, and even be success, but they're in dire trouble with delivery schedules now having promised far too much when they sold the first contracts.
Have you seen the bridge at Gatwick they've had to build so it can pass underneath?

#11: Re: New Airbus 380 Author: Shadow_Banshee PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:53 pm
    ----
yeah i think it will fly successfully once the production issues are sorted, personaly i use heathrow or gatwick 3-4 times a year usually 747 777 Qantas, BA, Egypt Air, Thai, Eva Air, and have never encountered any more delays than in other airports, but then again i have a british passport so probably get less hassle not having to go through imigration control.

Back in the 70s enviormental polution was not a issue and flying huge blocks of people causing less of it was hardly on anyones agenda, i for one would welcome this, its about getting from A to B at the end of the day on long haul, its not like these are designed for short hops.

As for arrival and departures i'm sure 2 seperate lounges are in use ie top n lower deck and possibly extra carosels, passport control at heathrow gatwick etc would surely know when one of these was landing and throw open extra desks, if anything it might teach them a valuable lesson in speading things up.

As for cant wait to get on one of these economy is economy either on 747 777 or A380 only first class will notice the difference, i personaly can sleep standing up or curled in a ball so i wont be heading up those stairs, regarding one of these biting the dust and there being hell to pay at least we can rest in the knowledge that 1st class came with us on this Titanic lol.

"hm u dont think they will give um all the parachutes do ya?"

I'll fly it! as long as theres no squirrels on board....

#12: Re: New Airbus 380 Author: RAF92_BattleHawkLocation: British Columbia, Canada PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:51 am
    ----
Yeah 'cause those kniving little critters with chew all the wires out!

#13: Re: New Airbus 380 Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:32 am
    ----
Skwirrells iz lucky.
S.o.b.'s!

Razz

#14: Re: New Airbus 380 Author: Shadow_Banshee PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:39 am
    ----
news.xinhuanet.com/eng...840199.htm

#15: Re: New Airbus 380 Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:15 pm
    ----
lands at LAX

www.cbsnews.com/sectio...d=2584151n

video tour (count cruise ship comparisons)
www.cbsnews.com/sectio...id=269209n

-> Officer's Club