Looking for some Vietnam stuff....
-> Officer's Club

#1: Looking for some Vietnam stuff.... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:42 pm
    ----
This is a longshot, but you never know unless you ask...

A longtime contact of mine is seeking some items. He's a collector and also maintains an exhibit of related stuff at the air combat museum in Topeka, KS. He also is the webmaster of the Vietnam Helicopter Pilots Association Virtual Museum where a lot of my own stuff is posted. Additionally, he works for a professional militaria brokerage company.

While not a Viet Vet himself, I can personally vouch for John having worked tirelessly at making many connections between vets, family members or survivors of deceased vets and KIA's (I've been involved in some of those efforts and know this to be true) and can say that any material that comes his way is absolutely treated with respect. It's not a "commodity". We know from guestbook entries and email's that he and I and others receive that a lot of items are turning up in attics, under beds and in footlockers and that surviving family members sometimes don't know what to do with them. John has some specific requests for special items and I have some suggestions for others (Like the excellent Vietnam Project at Texas Tech University at Lubbock, Texas).

I told John I'd post post his request (below) for certain items and if anybody has access to these or anything else and wants to see that they "get taken care of" by someone who knows what to do with them, contact me here or by PM and we'll talk.

"I guess it would have to be worded carefully - my Main intierest is Air Cav insignia from any unit in Vietnam (not just 1st Cavalry Division) but I do like Army aviation units as well. Think it's worth a try? I usually pay $50-100 for a patch - sometimes more and I really like groups - uniform, plaque, photos - stuff like that. I've had an ad in both Vietnam Pilot & Crewmember newsletters for over a year with barely a nibble - so I don't think we can really expect much - just hoping!!!!
"These things are used in displays and hopefully for an upcoming book. Get my offer before you let it go!"

_All items would be credited if requested.

If you're wondering what the kind of things are meant...look below:

www.vhpamuseum.org/sou...nirs.shtml

www.vhpamuseum.org/sou...ches.shtml

www.vhpamuseum.org/uni...orms.shtml

-> Officer's Club