Armor & 'Floatie-thingies'.....
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Armor & 'Floatie-thingies'..... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:21 pm
    ----
FYI:
More images from my 'professional' past.... I have many more of this event, but have to locate them first.

Don

#2: Re: Armor & 'Floatie-thingies'..... Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:27 pm
    ----
You were a recruiter? Rolling Eyes Oh the shame, a slave trader, body merchant.
Next you'll admit to being a used car salesman or worse

A POLITICIAN

Wink

#3: Re: Armor & 'Floatie-thingies'..... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:06 pm
    ----
Don....
Since you were a recruiter:

s85.photobucket.com/al...ruiter.flv

#4: Re: Armor & 'Floatie-thingies'..... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:29 pm
    ----
....I know, I know......BUT,.....

Actual (paraphrased) conversation:

SSG M:
" Sir, I have NO interest in Recruiting. I was hoping to be a Master Gunner!!!"

Gen Officer:
" Son, I need 'Mike Golfs' but The Army says it needs Recruiters. "

SSG M:
" Sir, do I really have any choices?"

Gen Officer:
" Yes, You do....2 choices as I see it.

#1) Do Recruiting, and come back, I'll get you your Master Gunner slot...

#2) Attempt to decline Recruiting & Become a Civilian!!!

(with head hung low, departing the CGs office.....)
"F*** ME!!!"

I did it, I survived 3 1/2 years, and I moved on.....

BTW: Bob, I'd rather be unemployed( as I am..) than a Used Car salesman....

Don

#5: Re: Armor & 'Floatie-thingies'..... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:46 pm
    ----
Walk tall, Don....you're not....

A POLITICIAN

#6: Re: Armor & 'Floatie-thingies'..... Author: SabotLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:50 pm
    ----
I still remember long ago, 1983 to be exact, when I walked into my local National Guard armory wanting to enlist to be a tanker. The recruiter on site walked me out to the M728 CEV and said, "how'd you like to be on this tank?"

It wasn't until AIT that I realized I had been duped.

#7: Re: Armor & 'Floatie-thingies'..... Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:22 am
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey

A POLITICIAN

Wait a minute he has ruled out being a used car salesman
but he did not rule out

POLITICIAN

(yet) Shocked

#8: Re: Armor & 'Floatie-thingies'..... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:32 am
    ----
I've met him....I have faith. Wink

#9: Re: Armor & 'Floatie-thingies'..... Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:36 am
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
I've met him....I have faith. Wink

I haven't 'Met' him yet (He skipped out of town before I got there a couple years back) but I have faith too.

By the way Don, what was your quota? did you make it every time? How many tankers did you bring in? Did you later serve with any of them?

Or is it true the Army lets you do the recruiter tour under an assumed name?

#10: Re: Armor & 'Floatie-thingies'..... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:11 am
    ----
- bsmart

I haven't 'Met' him yet (He skipped out of town before I got there a couple years back) but I have faith too.

Thanks Bob, see ya in April...

By the way Don, what was your quota? did you make it every time? How many tankers did you bring in? Did you later serve with any of them?

My monthly 'mission' was 1 to 4 'contracts'. In 3 1/2 years, I made monthly mission only 4 times. I was in a 2-man station, but ended up being 'alone' with a 2-man mission for over 2 years....

Only contracted 2 individuals as 19 Kilo. Unfortunately neither 'survived' Ft Knox (OSUT).

Or is it true the Army lets you do the recruiter tour under an assumed name?

NOPE.... Name & SSN of recruiter follows all soldiers through out their careers.

Don

#11: Re: Armor & 'Floatie-thingies'..... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:18 am
    ----
- bsmart
- Doug_Kibbey

A POLITICIAN

Wait a minute he has ruled out being a used car salesman
but he did not rule out

POLITICIAN

(yet) Shocked

NO WAY!! No one would want to vote for me since and my views are my personal opinion and 'swayed' by NO ONE BUT MYSELF.

Besides, I'd be too 'brash' to be a politician.

Don

-> AFV News Discussion Board