Sunderland Airport aka Usworth Airfield now available.
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
-> FS2004

#1: Sunderland Airport aka Usworth Airfield now available. Author: NelsonLocation: Good Old Blighty PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:57 pm
    ----
Hi Guys, I've finished my Usworth add-on for Flightsim 2004 for those who are interested.
It can be downloaded from www.flightsim.com and www.avsim.com

#2: Re: Sunderland Airport aka Usworth Airfield now available. Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:03 pm
    ----
Can someone tell up a little more about it, like where this is, and maybe post a pic or two (and ideally a direct linky if possible for us lazy types that might be in'nerested)?

I'm still firmly rooted in FS2004 for the time being....

#3: Re: Sunderland Airport aka Usworth Airfield now available. Author: NelsonLocation: Good Old Blighty PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:15 pm
    ----

This is the former RAF base Usworth/Sunderland Airport that lay between Sunderland and Washington New Town in the north east of England.
It was closed in 1984 to make way for the NissanUK car plant.
It's available at www.avsim.com and www.flightsim.com. Just search the file libraries for Usworth.

#4: Re: Sunderland Airport aka Usworth Airfield now available. Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:12 am
    ----
Thank you Nelson,
that is a really sweet looking airfield, scooting off to get it, I'll post some screenies later on

fled
Cool

#5: Re: Sunderland Airport aka Usworth Airfield now available. Author: NelsonLocation: Good Old Blighty PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:25 am
    ----
Thanks Uhu, nice bat too. Smile

#6: Re: Sunderland Airport aka Usworth Airfield now available. Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:08 am
    ----
Found it!
Mr. Green
Here's the link at AvSim:
-> library.avsim.net/esea...DLID=98610

Thank you, Nelson!

Marco

#7: Re: Sunderland Airport aka Usworth Airfield now available. Author: NelsonLocation: Good Old Blighty PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:43 pm
    ----
You're welcome, let me know if there is anything needs improving.
Thanks for posting the link.

Dave

#8: Re: Sunderland Airport aka Usworth Airfield now available. Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:58 pm
    ----
Thanks Nelson and Welcome to Com Central!

#9: Re: Sunderland Airport aka Usworth Airfield now available. Author: NelsonLocation: Good Old Blighty PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:12 pm
    ----
Thanks Bushwacker, I've just uploaded an AI traffic file for Usworth too.
Default Light aircraft

#10: Re: Sunderland Airport aka Usworth Airfield now available. Author: Adrian_Wainer PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:34 pm
    ----
Sink the Bismarck!

Sunderland is a beauty Nelson, even thought of recreating the Catalina flying boat base at Castle Archdale in Northern Ireland.

iwn.iwai.ie/v29i1/fermanagh.PDF

www.castlearchdale.com/

www.discovernorthernir...uctID=2905

www.photoarchive.ie/PH...TALROWS=47

www.junobeach.org/f/4/...p.htm#null

www.leyc.net/v2/page.asp?id=95

www.irelandseye.com/aa...ecret.shtm

www.bbc.co.uk/northern...gelo.shtml

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer

#11: Re: Sunderland Airport aka Usworth Airfield now available. Author: NelsonLocation: Good Old Blighty PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:36 pm
    ----
Hi Adrian, thanks for the compliment, good of you.
Yes Castle Archdale looks good, be nice to see AI catalinas taking off, maybe a static Sunderland III on the water?. Could be my next project maybe if you'd like to help? Sunderland was my first ever project and it would have been impossible without the help of John Young, author of RAF Finningley and Robin Hood Airport Doncaster, and Dave Charles who runs the Usworth Aircraft museum who gave me maps and charts.
Saying that I have learned a lot about scenery but need to learn how to make custom buildings yet.
I'll need an afcad of the airfield, runway headings ndb etc.
I was wondering what to tackle next.mmmm Smile
What about a team effort from all on this forum, would be great do you think?

#12: Re: Sunderland Airport aka Usworth Airfield now available. Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:53 pm
    ----
- Nelson

You might try feeding Fled some beer , it worked for me! (Of course, we have our own squad brewery at the "Pig Sty" so the investment was minimal in my case) Wink

If that doesn't work, threaten to bomb some Dutch sea walls or something, maybe he can't swim.

Last edited by JG300-Ascout on Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total

#13: Re: Sunderland Airport aka Usworth Airfield now available. Author: Adrian_Wainer PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:59 pm
    ----
- Nelson
I was wondering what to tackle next.mmmm Smile
What about a team effort from all on this forum, would be great do you think?

I'll help in anway I can.

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer

#14: Re: Sunderland Airport aka Usworth Airfield now available. Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:13 pm
    ----
If you get some maps I can help you out with the AFCAD's no problem, just buzz me on the PM and we could hook up on TS and talk things through.
only one hor of time difference shouldn't be a problem me thinks Wink

fled
Cool

p.s I'm still tweaking the screenies a bit hope to finish 'm by tomorow evening

#15: Re: Sunderland Airport aka Usworth Airfield now available. Author: Adrian_Wainer PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:13 pm
    ----
There is a museum in the house on the Castle Archdale estate but I could not see an e-mail for it, I think the best bet to get in touch with for starter information is

www.leyc.net/v2/contact.asp

and these people should particularly familar with the lake, re the take off would have to be made on water deep enough and free of surface [ e.g. reeds ] and underwater obstructions [ e.g. rocks ]. And they no doubt have relevant inland water navigation charts for the area.

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer

-> FS2004