Oh REALLY??!! AIR RACING, you say??!!!!
-> FSX

#1: Oh REALLY??!! AIR RACING, you say??!!!! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:50 pm
    ----
Wow, check THIS out!!!!!!!!

BIG NEWS FOR RACERS AND PROPS FANS

Sounds like an upcoming Expansion Package from Microsft for FSX, somewhere down the road!

Also the other big news is the much-anticipated performance patch is going into the final stages and although we won't see it in March, what the hey it's only a month, and it's scheduled to be out sometime in April. Of course there's no news yet on how MUCH performance is acheived, but still, there's hope (word is, developers are pleased).

ALthough nothing will ever top the excitement of PROPS racing (and the GREAT crowd involved with that effort) the notion of organized online air racing, in a venue which hopefully won't have the occasonal connection problems that FS9/PROPS had, sounds very exciting!

It also speaks somewhat to the health of the simming industry in that the vendor is planning such an add-on. True, that other companies that specialize in thrid-party addons do a great (maybe even better) job, but they don't mass-market the products and generally speaking you have to be "in the know" about them to begin with. The advantage here is that there will be something on the shelves that Joe Public Simmer will see.

Interesting!

#2: Re: Oh REALLY??!! AIR RACING, you say??!!!! Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:00 pm
    ----
Thanks for the HU Stoopy!!

I think CC sim pilots have always had some interest in racing. It's in our competitive spirit you know...lol

#3: Re: Oh REALLY??!! AIR RACING, you say??!!!! Author: 401RCAF_Sly PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:40 am
    ----
Quote from above Blog

"These are all good reasons, but the real reason is because we feel we need to get some competitive action into FSX. We really want to do combat again, but we didn't feel we could do that justice (i.e. do it right) in the timeline we have for this expansion pack."

Now that is interesting

Sly

#4: Re: Oh REALLY??!! AIR RACING, you say??!!!! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:04 pm
    ----
Yeeeaaaahhhh.... heh heh heh..... was waiting for someone else to catch that and comment on it. Interesting indeed, isn't it?!!!!

Time will tell!!!!

#5: Re: Oh REALLY??!! AIR RACING, you say??!!!! Author: 401RCAF_Sly PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:07 pm
    ----
I don't think they can ignore combat..........
CFS1 was a fantastic success
CFS2 did alright
CFS3 Still has a loyal user base despite its probs

IL2 series has sold well over the last 5 years.. MS is also doin train sim 2
so as you said .. just a matter of time.

If it takes 2 years FSX technology will be nicely matured and hardware should be well capable.

CFS1 sat nicely alongside FS98 it just seems that the further they moved away from the FS series the more they got lost

FSX with guns an Bombs ( rockets and torps too) will do for me...

Ah if they get the MP interface right... Wink

zone withdrawl i guess... had a heap of fun Laughing

Sly

-> FSX