Interesting Photo find....
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Interesting Photo find.... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:59 am
    ----
- Roy_A_Lingle
Hi Folks!

- Jens_O_Mehner

....over here in Germany....1 Bde of the 3 ID at Schweinfurt.
Jens O.

I think that was B Company of the 2/64 Armor and C Company of the 3/64th Armor sometime during 1976.

The first plan called for 2/64 to be pure A2s. B and C companies had converted over. A Company went to Viseck (Sp-?), turned in their M60A0s and M60A1s. Then something happiened. A Company stopped conversion training and returned to Schewienfurt without any tanks. About a month later a train load of rebuild M60A1s showed at Conn Barrack. Then the two B Companies of 2/64 and 3/64 switched battalions, lock, stock and barracks. That gave each battation one A2 company each.

Some of my old history.
Sgt, Scouts Out!

Found this photo,...check out the bumper #.....3-32 Armor,...Third AD.

Don

#17: Re: Interesting Photo find.... Author: GaryKato PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:46 am
    ----
- Sabot
That photo is why this kit was quite popular with the Sherman crowd.

I just got that kit. The chassis tub sure is TINY! Two will fit on a Post-It pad. Don't know if they would fit built-up though.

#18: Re: Interesting Photo find.... Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:46 am
    ----
- Dontos

Found this photo,...check out the bumper #.....3-32 Armor,...Third AD.

Don

Ahh,

thanks for that one, I had a gut feeling it would be 32 Armor- is the bumper # visible on the original?

Cheers,

Jens O.

#19: Re: Interesting Photo find.... Author: javallsLocation: Rio de Janeiro - BR PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:27 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey

Apart from not being an M-60?

I think it's Leopard chassis, but I'm not sure.

You're right Doug,

It is a Leo I A2

Jose Valls

#20: Re: Interesting Photo find.... Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:36 pm
    ----
Hi everyone,
Besides Germany Fort Hood had them, 2nd Armored Division. I worked with a guy that spent a lot of time on them (Love/Hate relationship). Not sure what Battalion.

Joe D

#21: Re: Interesting Photo find.... Author: SabotLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:35 pm
    ----
One of my old platoon sergeants said he had them when he was in 8th ID 5-68 Armor in Mannheim.

#22: Re: Interesting Photo find.... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:50 pm
    ----
Another interesting photo..... (I was at this 'photo shoot')

Found this image here:

Russian AFV Model site

Here is a shot used in an Army Magazine advertisement. Its taken from the same 'photo shoot'. It was across the tank trail from range 132 at Graf, in 1987. A Co 4/32 AR.

Its a small world indeed.....

#23: Re: Interesting Photo find.... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:14 am
    ----
More finds....

Interesting photo from 6th Infantry Regt, Berlin 1951

USAREUR / BERLIN BDE HISTORY

Don

-> AFV News Discussion Board