Armor Museums/Displays in Poland
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#31: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:28 am
    ----
So, I'm back, let the games begin (and many thanks to my hosts in Poland who made my visits to the Polish Army Museum and the Fort possible).

Who can't love a home-built AFV?...so let's start with the Warsaw Uprising inspired Kubus (which I managed a couple of interior through-the-view-slits shots of of the drivers' compartment and left side behind the driver).

This is the Grizzly, still located at Ft. Fort IX Czerniakow (for the registry records:

...and something you don't see everyday, an AVLB...this was hiding behind the fence and I managed a "zoom" shot while standing illicitily on a truck display hanging off to get a shot over the camo netting

...more to follow....

#32: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:36 am
    ----
Note to Tim....sorry, no T34 Engineer vehicles that I could find, but there were plenty of T55 AM's, which will follow (and oddly enough, not a single T62). For now, there's this big fella':

#33: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: timrobertsLocation: shrewsbury UK PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:51 am
    ----
Thanks Doug!
I look forward to seeing those shots!
Best Wishes
Tim

#34: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:15 am
    ----
- timroberts
Thanks Doug!
Best Wishes
Tim

Well, here ya' go then. The first one is an AM with upgraded armor and laser detection, the second one has laser rangefinding ability itself, apparently. I'm sure if I'm wrong about any of these details, someone will be along shortly to none-to-gently sharpshoot any errors in this information. Wink

#35: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:02 pm
    ----
This well-known Hetzer that had a bad day. I tried everything to talk my way past the chain fence for better views, but the guard wasn't having any of it, so I did the best I could with the "zoom" function. The crew did an admirable job of self-destruction.

#36: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: timrobertsLocation: shrewsbury UK PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:49 pm
    ----
Thank you very much Doug,
Those pics are very helpfull.
Thank you for remembering me!!!
The big fella is an ISU152
Best Wishes
Tim

#37: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:13 pm
    ----
Am I correct in making the assumption that this would be a product of Hanomag?

#38: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: PolarLocation: Poland PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:00 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
- timroberts
Thanks Doug!
Best Wishes
Tim

Well, here ya' go then. The first one is an AM with upgraded armor and laser detection, the second one has laser rangefinding ability itself, apparently. I'm sure if I'm wrong about any of these details, someone will be along shortly to none-to-gently sharpshoot any errors in this information. Wink

This is USRR modernization T-55 to stadard M . One tank (on photo) was give by USRR to as base to polish modernization T-55AM "Merida" (tank with number 781).

Doug did you have pic TKS ?

#39: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:06 pm
    ----
- Polar

Doug did you have pic TKS ?

I don't think so, can you describe it or have a picture? From my references, I think you're referring to a smallish tankette like vehicle. Didn't see anything like that.
I still have a lot of stuff I haven't posted yet...got to resize and post to Photobucket first.

D.

#40: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: PolarLocation: Poland PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:17 pm
    ----
This vehicle should be in indoor exposition on FortIX Czerniakowski with universal carrier T16 and Humber Scout Car Mk.I

#41: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:23 pm
    ----
Ooops, well, time was short and we were trying to hit both there and the Polish Army Museum and pick up a couple of medical specimens for research (and I've seen Warsaw traffic now, especially on a Friday before a holiday weekend!) so we didn't venture to the indoor exhibit. My bad.

#42: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:47 am
    ----
A few "Behind the fence" shots. It seems so unfair...they have so many of these, and we have so few....and I don't even have one.... Sad

#43: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:59 pm
    ----
OK, so I'm a sucker for the BTR-50 family, you probably figured that out from the Romanian armor thread. They're just so darn cute. I want one. And even more with the sea-going turret thingie. Since I live by Mission Bay, this would be just the ticket! Mr. Green TOPAS 2AP

...and now...it's "Bitch Time"...

#44: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:51 pm
    ----
This first item was just something of interest for me. Polar can do a precise translation if he wishes, but the gist of it is that this is a "tank fragment" from the last T55 cut up under the terms of the conventional forces reduction treaty of 1995.

And here is an ASU 85. Apparently, these barriers are a recent addtion and photos of most of these vehicles can be found on the internet without these unsightly fences. Sorry for that...

#45: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:47 pm
    ----
From the maybe-you've-seen-this-before-but-it-was-new-to-me-dept., there was this interesting variation on the T34 track-pin-slapper-thingy on the hull.

All the ones I've seen previously, and all but one of the several versions they have between the two museums I visited have the "V" shaped version mounted well forward on the hull that look like this (well, one of them looked like is was built up from welding material instead of an attached piece, but same idea):

.....but ONE at the Fort was of a variety I'd never encountered before and saw on no other vehicle. Is this unusual? Why is it different? I don't understand why something so simple and unvarying would be changed on one vehicle (one of several T34-84's, I belive). Any ideas?

-> AFV News Discussion Board