Armor Museums/Displays in Poland
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#61: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: PolarLocation: Poland PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:48 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey

SKOT C&C and Commo vehicle. I'm thinking "camper!"

This is SKOT R-6.
In this museum is one moore C&C SKOT but in R-3

#62: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:29 pm
    ----
- Roy_A_Lingle

Check out the left edge of this photo folks. I cann't figure out what the tank is. I am thinking it might be a Leopard I, but the search light looks Warsaw Pack.

The vehicle in question is a Leopard 1A1A2 and the 'searchlight' is a PZB 200 passive night vision device.

Cool

#63: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:20 pm
    ----
Say, I was just having a look at this wonderful bit of work with a view toward trying to stimulate some interest in getting something like it going for Romania and noticed that the "Introduction and Purpose" section could do with a re-write (It's supposed to be for Polish vehicles, but that one paragraph still references the U.S. collection and American vehicles, etc.)...not a big deal, but to someone just opening the document and starting to read, it might be confusing and off-putting. Probably oughta' take a few minutes and write that bit to be specific to the Polish collection.

the.shadock.free.fr/Poland_AFVs.pdf

#64: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:52 pm
    ----
Right, it has just been corrected with the following :
"As such the registry ranges from the World War II-era tank to modern T-72 tanks."

I also changed the photo on the first page, you have now a TKS tankette instead of the T-34/85.

Pierre-Olivier

#65: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: PolarLocation: Poland PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:18 am
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey

Doug did you have photo first tank in this line ? Did in Fort IX is another T-34/76

#66: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:56 am
    ----
When you say first do you mean the one on the left hand edge of the ?picture. If so there are a couple pictures of it just before this one in his post

or do you mean the T34/76 way doiwn on the other end of the line?

#67: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland Author: PolarLocation: Poland PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:00 pm
    ----
I ask about tank in end line in right side off picture.

#68: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:05 pm
    ----
Oh yes it seems that they have a second T-34/76 at Fort IX.. Maybe Doug could help with that..

P-O

#69: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 8:51 am
    ----
- the_shadock
Oh yes it seems that they have a second T-34/76 at Fort IX.. Maybe Doug could help with that..

P-O

I think I do have a pic of the other T34/76 if it's the one over by the Griz. I'm over in the UK right now and don't have access to my files, but if that's the one, I've got pics, pretty sure. The pics earlier in this thread about the two different "track pin slapper thingys" also feature a detail from the one at the beginning of this row that Polar is asking about.

D.

#70: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:39 am
    ----
Poland AFV Register has been updated today :

http://the.shadock.free.fr/Poland_AFVs.pdf

P-O

#71: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 5:55 am
    ----
- the_shadock

P-O

Sorry P-O...the only t-34/76 I took decent pics of are the one by the Griz earlier in this thread and not the one at the end of the row being referred to...I found it unremarkable apart from the track pin "slappers" and the fencing sure didn't add anything so I skipped it since I didn't know what else I might need the exposures for later.

D.

#72: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland Author: PolarLocation: Poland PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:10 pm
    ----
I have question for users. Did I should add to register armoured train and reproduction vehicles?

#73: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland Author: PolarLocation: Poland PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:02 pm
    ----
My new site
Tanks in Museums
polar123.fm.interia.pl...lgip2.html

#74: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:25 pm
    ----
- Polar
My new site
Tanks in Museums
polar123.fm.interia.pl...lgip2.html

Very nice! Obviously, you had more success than I did at cajoling your way past the guard to get on the grass for nice interior views of the brewed up Hetzer, among other things. Wink

#75: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland Author: PolarLocation: Poland PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:31 pm
    ----
- the_shadock

P-O

In Fort IX are two T-34/76 model 1943
picasaweb.google.pl/po...4_76_1_FIX
first

and
second
picasaweb.google.pl/po...4_76_2_FIX

-> AFV News Discussion Board