New Pictures from Fort Sill + M39 AUV in Colorado Springs
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#31: Re: New Pictures from Fort Sill + M39 AUV in Colorado Spring Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:31 pm
    ----
dontos are you the one that mentioned the NOTAM??
here is a plerp from the 2/32 history in re:notam--

"On 14 July 1967, this Headquarters became the only artillery air warning control station for Tay Ninh Province. This includes broadcasting air data from all permanent and temporary firing positions in Tay Ninh Province and routing aircraft into clear traffic patterns."

#32: Re: New Pictures from Fort Sill + M39 AUV in Colorado Spring Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:46 pm
    ----
- SHAWN
dontos are you the one that mentioned the NOTAM??
here is a plerp from the 2/32 history in re:notam--

"On 14 July 1967, this Headquarters became the only artillery air warning control station for Tay Ninh Province. This includes broadcasting air data from all permanent and temporary firing positions in Tay Ninh Province and routing aircraft into clear traffic patterns."

Shawn

The quotes came from an SME (source matter Expert) on artillery information in Vietnam. He has significant experience in topic.

Don

#33: Re: New Pictures from Fort Sill! + M39 AUV in Colorado Springs! Author: Hanno_Spoelstra PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:16 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
Mr Roderigas also sent me some pics of this M39 outside an Army surplus store in Colorado Springs - there's only like 6 of these in the US

This M39 was offered for sale a while ago. Apperently it did not sell?

Hanno

#34: Re: New Pictures from Fort Sill! + M39 AUV in Colorado Springs! Author: javallsLocation: Rio de Janeiro - BR PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:53 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
Mr Roderigas also sent me some pics of this M39 outside an Army surplus store in Colorado Springs - there's only like 6 of these in the US:

Neil

Amazing pictures Neil,

The M39 is in my scratch schedule.
Could you get some more pictures and info about it ?
Some from the interior ?

Jose Valls

#35: Re: New Pictures from Fort Sill + M39 AUV in Colorado Spring Author: Maple_Leaf_Eh PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:56 pm
    ----
- Dontos
The guns fired out at zero elevation and charge 3 (the max charge, which happened to be in the tube at the time). The attack was halted in its tracks. The next morning, over 50 shattered bodies were found in the wire. All appeared to have been killed by shock and concussion. The equilibrators of the recoil mechanism were completely shattered and hydraulic oil was everywhere.
Don

I'd hate to be the weapons tech to go fix that breakdown!

#36: Re: New Pictures from Fort Sill + M39 AUV in Colorado Springs Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:54 pm
    ----
Here's some more info:

afvdb.50megs.com/usa/auvm39.html

Unfortunately, this appears to be the only pic I have of the Ordnance Museum's M39

Neil

#37: Re: New Pictures from Fort Sill + M39 AUV in Colorado Spring Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:06 pm
    ----
I'm looking for photo of:

M43 GMC – Fort Sill, OK (USA)

-> AFV News Discussion Board