Windows Issue
-> Software

#1: Windows Issue Author: JG300_HuntLocation: WA State PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:26 pm
    ----
As of lately, and this is a small issue - my desktop options will no longer let me select a background. Even when right clicking an image and setting it to background, no avail. Went all through the various options. All I can do is select a background color. I have no webpage set as an active desktop.

This is on my laptop here as well as my desktop back home. No idears.

System at home and this one here, both running Windows XP SP2.

Thoughts?

#2: Re: Windows Issue Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:18 am
    ----
Don't know why it's happened, something must have corrupted a registry file.
Can you remember did you install anything just before it began?
Either you could use a registry cleaner to see if that will fix it, or I can only suggest using "System Restore" to a date before it began happening.

#3: Re: Windows Issue Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:56 am
    ----
erm .... installed any windows updates lately ?

#4: Re: Windows Issue Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:20 am
    ----
The information HERE is a little out of date and doesn't exactly sound like the very same thing (for instance, the symptom of having the options not available doesn't sound like you) but still the advice is good.....a good program like HijackTHis is still a good idea to download and run - I've used it as well.

And some more info and tips HERE

Good luck broi.

-> Software