Heads up! New official ground transportation for JG300!
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#16: Re: Heads up! New official ground transportation for JG300! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:50 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
- JG300-Ascout
I'm thinkin' '60-'61 Plymouth Belvedere, probably '61. I almost caught myself sayin' "DeSoto", but knew that couldn't be right...

OOOoooo....NICE try!!!! '61 Plymouth is right on the money (I guessed a '62 Plymouth)...... Not a Belvie, tho (now I don't feel to bad on fudging the model)......Think "Christine".......and she definitely didn't age gracefully!

I'm also guessing with the 383 instead of the Leaning Tower of Power slant-six, by the way he finally jumped around that Chebby!

Did there even exist a 383 then? I don't think so. Maybe a 392 hemi? Well, probably not in the Fo-Do See-dan Plymut. Gotta' think about that one...

#17: Re: Heads up! New official ground transportation for JG300! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:02 pm
    ----
A 413 with 350 H.P.?! Shocked

www.pbase.com/image/43083861

#18: Re: Heads up! New official ground transportation for JG300! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:09 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout

Did there even exist a 383 then? I don't think so. Maybe a 392 hemi? Well, probably not in the Fo-Do See-dan Plymut. Gotta' think about that one...

Well, yes and no - seems a 318 and 383 were available but were not the "same" block and motor as what that displacement usually refers to (and I didn't know that until today, so yeah, yo're right!)....but seems these 383 motors did come with options for 2x4Bbls and even a cross-ram intake from what I've read.

Pretty cool page here, haven't read it all yet:

http://www.allpar.com/model/fury.html

As an aside, and I'm swimming in historical muck here beyond my ability and guessing, but didn't De Soto have an early "Hemi", (at least I remember them supposed to having once offered a hemi-type V8, right?) wich was not the same, but some type of forebearer to the infamous "real" Chrysler hemi that debuted in 1964, I thought?

Last edited by JG300-Stoopy on Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

#19: Re: Heads up! New official ground transportation for JG300! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:01 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout

I've also seen 375 HP quoted, pretty respectable huh? Dad needs all the power he can get with that big plastic luggage dome on the roof and those rotten kids horsin' around in the back!

#20: Re: Heads up! New official ground transportation for JG300! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:09 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
- JG300-Ascout

I've also seen 375 HP quoted, pretty respectable huh? Dad needs all the power he can get with that big plastic luggage dome on the roof and those rotten kids horsin' around in the back!

Dad needs to stab the brakes a couple of times to teach both the 'Vette and the little snots in the back seat a lesson about road manners. Fibreglass and cartilage are both pretty sensitive. Wink

#21: Re: Heads up! New official ground transportation for JG300! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:59 pm
    ----
Yeah, and that backseat's big enough to hold the kiddies plus two young punks with glass cuts all over 'em, no problem!

Someone actually cut that movie into a whole bunch of parts and uploaded 'em all up to YouTube. I ended up watching most of it while icing my thumb up, and it's a hoot in that campy, cheesy, early-sixties Red Asphalt kinda way. Just missing Frankie & Annette....Total gas, Daddy-o!

The storyline attempts to explain why Dad is all wussed-up but it don't cut it of course. We'll schedule it for the next Pigsty movie night so we can all hoot and holler at 'im and throw empty beer bottles at the screen.

#22: Re: Heads up! New official ground transportation for JG300! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:13 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
We'll schedule it for the next Pigsty movie night so we can all hoot and holler at 'im and throw empty beer bottles at the screen.

I am so totally gettin' inspired here to suggest our own porcine version of "Mystery Science Theatre 3000" with cheezy movies shown in the hangar for our snooty enjoyment and piggie smart remarks...we can call it "Mystery Pig Sty Theater 300" or sum'thin'. This should be the first feature. Wink

#23: Re: Heads up! New official ground transportation for JG300! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:36 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
I am so totally gettin' inspired here to suggest our own porcine version of "Mystery Science Theatre 3000" with cheezy movies shown in the hangar for our snooty enjoyment and piggie smart remarks...we can call it "Mystery Pig Sty Theater 300" or sum'thin'. This should be the first feature. Wink

DUDE!!!!!!! ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm THERE!!!! Was even making up some dialogue of my own while watching......it's PERFECT!!!!! Fire up the mic and windows moviemaker, get some pig silhouettes in the foreground to complete the effect and we're good to go!

LOVE that show!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

#24: Re: Heads up! New official ground transportation for JG300! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:07 pm
    ----
Just to give you an idear, this is part#1 of 12.....each about 10 minutes long.

As you'll see, it's a particularly prime candidate that presents a very "target-rich" environment.,.....I've already got several suggestions for dialogue that crack me up......unfortunately most of 'em belong in Miss Kitty's!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEGNAR_HncQ

If only there were a way to download the clips themselves from YouTube.....I'm seriously considering contacting the account owner for the originals!!!

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum