An old newbie
-> CFS1

#1: An old newbie Author: geezer PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:07 am
    ----
I'm looking for a place to "fly the friendly skies". Played on the zone a lot a few years back, but it seems that thats all over now. Not an ace, but i know how to play the game. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

#2: Re: An old newbie Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:35 am
    ----
Hi geezer,

Welcome to Com-Central,
not much cfs1 flying these days, as far as I know the EURO_Squad is still at it,
we here fly mostly IL-2 and fs9,
the latter we fly every sunday a trip on our world tour => www.com-central.net/in...forum&f=10

fled
Cool

#3: Re: An old newbie Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:43 am
    ----
EURO do still occasionally get in there (when I threaten them with the loss of their Mess-Hall priviliges and coat-pegs), but I'm the only one left who really still flies it. It may be an old dinosaur of a game and everything else may look better but CFS1 is still the most funnest flight sim around.

I'm an old CFS1 die-hard; I do still fly myself but there's not many online games because they're so hard to organise nowadays. They can be found if you look hard enough. You can sometimes find them on HyperLobby (if you alter some settings), and Gamespy.
If you fly "stock" I'll be happy to get together some time (we can type rude, in-game messages about Fled' and Bushy' and screenshot them for posterity... and the Screenshot section ;)).

There are squads who still fly, but they tend to fly 'add-on' aircraft. I like it straight from the cd. I have two add-ons to my game; RAF662 gun sights, and the Ark Royal. If that's enough for ya, I'm ur man.
Wink

I'm on GMT and I fly CFS1 to laugh, teach, and learn. Not worried about anyone else's ability as long as they're entertaining in a game and don't take it too seriously.

[edit: Welcome to C-C btw.]

#4: Re: An old newbie Author: WolfeLocation: Away Down South in Dixie, USA PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:13 pm
    ----
~S~ geezer. The 45th still fly CFS1, we have bombruns on tuesday night and some sort of training going on on thursdays. All are invited. Our addy is :

45thpeacemakers.com/

If someone is on it will be on the flightboard on the mainpage. My msn is wolfhawk58 @ hotmail.com , I usually monitor msn messanger when I am online. If you want to fly with us we can get you on our ts, makes it much easier.

Wolfe

-> CFS1