New Download site for CFS1
-> Officer's Club

#1: New Download site for CFS1 Author: Hogan PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:19 pm
    ----
There is a new website for CFS1 downloads. It has many of the same downloads as Simviation, but also many they do not! It is very easy to navigate, and both password and donation free! See for yourself.

www.alliedsupplydepot.com

#2: Re: New Download site for CFS1 Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:24 pm
    ----
Thank you for the Heads Up Hogan !!

much appreciated !

fled
Cool

#3: Re: New Download site for CFS1 Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:47 am
    ----
Ahh, the memories!! Smile

Thanks Hogan!!

#4: Re: New Download site for CFS1 Author: A1Trigger_HappyLocation: Alabama, USA PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:29 pm
    ----
awsome stuff! wish i had a puter that would run CFS. mines tooooooo fast lol

#5: Re: New Download site for CFS1 Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:09 pm
    ----
- A1Trigger_Happy
awsome stuff! wish i had a puter that would run CFS. mines tooooooo fast lol
Runs on mine.
Surprised it doesn't run on your 'Bontempi'.

#6: Re: New Download site for CFS1 Author: Hogan PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:38 pm
    ----
Thanks gentlemen,

I have been saving this stuff for years...I even have a whole bunch of CFS1 exclusives...Awesome stuff you can get at no other download site...Anyway...I wish I built this site five years ago, so it could have helped thousands of virtual pilots....now there are only about fifty people who still fly CFS....ALTHOUGH...I do get E-Mails, from Ex-CFS flyers rediscovering the games potential once every couple of weeks...With a new computer with modern RAM and Hard drive space, CFS1 can be expanded to like 7 to 10 times what is was when it came out of the Box...Plus with the new textures from PJ Dunbar, it really adds to the palyability of the game....Add on the 350 aircraft neatly organized like IL-2, and the 400 mission, mission pack, Soon to be a 500 mission pack) and the game has a little more life in it....then add the 150 base scenery pack! Well,Be that as it may, it is my gift to the waning CFS community for providing me with years of flight sim enjoyment.
[/align]..There a few squadrons still active too who fly every weekend.....

Colonel Robert E. Hogan
Allied Supply Depot

P.S. How are you shades?

#7: Re: New Download site for CFS1 Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:22 pm
    ----
Heck!
Some of us still even love flying it without the add-ons.
Lightyears more fun than CFS2/3 or IL2.

<--- Dinosauriest

#8: Re: New Download site for CFS1 Author: Hogan PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:07 pm
    ----
~S~ Shades,
I agree, Il-2 is less fun even though a better game...not sure why it's less fun then, but it is...maybe because they did everything for you..?...I dunno....CFS2 and 3 suck, yes. I have every WWII Flight sim ever made going back to 1994 with the exception af only a few, but CFS it seems will always be flown in my home (Janes WWII Fighters is very good too and coincidentally released the very same day as CFS1 November 1st, 1998)...No matter how fast my computers get.

I have a story for you Shades, as a fan of CFS1 you might appreciate: Several weeks ago it became my turn to host my sons Cub Scout meeting. I discussed it with my wife and I coherced her into doing a flight sim for the little yonkers. Nothing fancy, just teach them how to take a plane off the ground. I packed up my computer, and set it up at the Church hall where we have our scout meetings...Here is the cool part. My wife brought home a projector from work to hook into the computer. We had the game projected on a wall that made it look like the equivilent of a 120 inch screen!!!!...The cockpit was a little bigger than life size! It was so ^%#@^%@ Awesome I coulden't believe it. The picture quality didn't suffer at all, it looked great! I tested it at home first on my dining room wall and that was about like an 80 inch screen, and I was blown away!...I am saving my pennies for a projector right now and trying to figure how to mount it my office....Anyway...The kids did great! These were 6 and 7 year olds, and they all took off (Easy settings) perfectly...They listened to what I said to do exactly, I told them what to do and they did it. I was amazed!...Most even could land the P-51 (Not on a runway, but still) One kid begged me for bandits, and I obliged with 3 Fw-190's. When the dirty Fockes flew by him, he executed a textbook Split-S turn with out any input from me and got right on the 6 of one of the 190s!!! the other two got him eventually though...lol...Anyway the little buggers had a great time, and I gave them each a burned copy of the game, and a little pair of plastic wings like the airlines give out.....Anyway, I thought you might appreciate that CFS moment.

You know I always wondered how CFS1 would look on a big screen, and I thought it would look poor, maybe like a game from the early 1980's, You know magnifying the picture would magnify the flaws sort af a thing, but it didn't it looked fantastic, and by the way, if you still fly CFS, do yourself a favour and download PJ Dunbars Stock replacement textures...They look like IL-2 in quality, I am still not sure how he could have pulled that off but the textures are the best I have ever seen...The P-51, 190, and 109 are my favourites, check them out...

alliedsupplydepot.com/...pack1a.zip

Trust me, these are the best textures I have ever seen for CFS1...I think you will agree.

Cheers, Col. Hogan

P.S. Please forgive my verbosity.

#9: Re: New Download site for CFS1 Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:01 am
    ----
Verbosity's my middle name

("Red V. Skwirrell" <--- see?)

The projector sounds awesome.
Afraid I don't even go in for repaints (unless they're EURO approved and for use in closed-room EURO missions only. ;)).

I was surprised by CFS3 and quite liked it (preferred to IL2 anyway), but it's still not a patch on CFS1.

-> Officer's Club