....Speaking of the Ontos....
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: ....Speaking of the Ontos.... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:18 pm
    ----
'Mail Call' visited Ft Knox in Aug 06.

Here are a couple of segments that were just posted on 'You Tube'

For Your Ontos Viewing Pleasure..... Mr. Green

Ontos Video Segment

More Ontos Segments....

& More Ontos Segments

& A 4th Ontos Video Segment....

#2: Re: ....Speaking of the Ontos.... Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:39 pm
    ----
COOL!!

#3: Re: ....Speaking of the Ontos.... Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:57 pm
    ----
hey don,
was that from aug or memorial day? if august, they arranged things correctly with the PR folks and came back?
they filmed the sherman, etc. over memorial weekend 06, has that aired (or will it air)?
sr

#4: Re: ....Speaking of the Ontos.... Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:23 pm
    ----
Gunny's Ft Knox visit is supposed to air tomorrow (Friday March 30).

The Tivo is programmed!!

#5: Re: ....Speaking of the Ontos.... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:54 pm
    ----
- SHAWN
hey don,
was that from aug or memorial day? if august, they arranged things correctly with the PR folks and came back?
they filmed the sherman, etc. over memorial weekend 06, has that aired (or will it air)?
sr

OOPs....Actually it was May 27th.... (good catch Shawn..) The Ontos 'filming' had been done several hours before these were taken...

Friday Night ( tomorrow !! ) is the first airing. Additional airings for this episode are planned.

Episode: 97 - Mail Call
Gunnery Sergeant R. Lee Ermey is on location at Fort Knox Kentucky to visit the United States Armor Center and check out our armored arsenal. We go along on a Recon Officer training course with Special Ops Army scouts; and then, Gunny goes for a flight on an Apache Attack Helicopter. View a profile of George S. Patton, hear the story of George S. Patton's ivory-handled revolver and see other historic relics from the Patton museum. Gunny gets to drive and fire the cannon of the only working vintage Vietnam-era M40 Ontos Tank shredder known as the Road Runner. Then we'll take a trip to the assembly plant to see the tank built from the ground up.

Friday, March 30 08:00 PM ; Saturday, March 31 12:00 AM ; Saturday, March 31; 04:00 PM

Or check the website:
Mail Call: Episode 97

Regards,
Don

#6: Re: ....Speaking of the Ontos.... Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:44 am
    ----
well, okay, the "filming", had it only been known,...
say Doug, have you since been back to Ft. Knox to continue that weekends tour? I would like to get back but am have been very busy.
I could still be working when it airs Friday, I will probably have to catch it Sat. at midnight.
sr

#7: Re: ....Speaking of the Ontos.... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:55 am
    ----
- SHAWN
well, okay, the "filming", had it only been known,...
say Doug, have you since been back to Ft. Knox to continue that weekends tour? I would like to get back but am have been very busy.
I could still be working when it airs Friday, I will probably have to catch it Sat. at midnight.
sr

...I can field this one ....

I haven't seen 'hide nor hair' of the aforementioned 'Mr Kibby', in these parts, since 'the gathering' last May.

Hey,....anyone up for a 2nd 'Annual' mini-reunion for the Memorial Day weekend(May 26/27)...???

This years 'Life of the Soldier' Program is really shaping up. Can't really talk about it right now, but stay tuned...

2007 Life of the Soldier

Don

#8: Re: ....Speaking of the Ontos.... Author: Chris_CLocation: WV, USA PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:59 am
    ----
I'm off that weekend.

#9: Re: ....Speaking of the Ontos.... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:18 am
    ----
Meester Kibbey regrets that he cannot try to pull this off two consecutive years in a row as it coincides with his wedding anniversary and he has his survival to consider....however, in future years.....who knows. Depends on if he gets an invite or not. Wink

(he also notes that his esposa was a real trooper and accompanied him on the last trip, so he dare not complain even a little bit, and considers himself a dang lucky hombre....)

#10: Re: ....Speaking of the Ontos.... Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:34 pm
    ----
well, doug, after that last trip and the site seeing around the museum and the fort has your esposa become an avid armor enthuasiast?

saw that you made it onto the tele w/ the ole gunny don! they got the crime on film, names and all...
while shooting pics inside the museum i was getting hell from the lighting (or lack there of), i see that even with their crew filming indoors they had the same situation...

-> AFV News Discussion Board