Check out this scratch built T-28
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Check out this scratch built T-28 Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:40 pm
    ----
www.eastcoastarmory.com/t28/t28.htm

#2: Re: Check out this scratch built T-28 Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:50 am
    ----
Hi Folks!

Far out! I love the way a group of models was staged to tell a story with the T28.

Sgt, Scouts Out!

#3: Re: Check out this scratch built T-28 Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:20 pm
    ----
pretty cool!
what models are seen in these shots? what kits where bashed for the T-28, etc.? tamiya's M4 was one of the one's bashed, no?
shawn

#4: Re: Check out this scratch built T-28 Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:44 pm
    ----
- SHAWN
pretty cool!
what models are seen in these shots? what kits where bashed for the T-28, etc.? tamiya's M4 was one of the one's bashed, no?
shawn

1:6 scale, Shawn...scratch built, no kits were available for "bashing" as far as I can tell. Four year project, the website says. Wink

(The figures look like "G.I. Joe" original versions, prior to '76 were 1/6th scale, or about 12"...seems they started making them in that scale again around 1990.)

#5: Re: Check out this scratch built T-28 Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:30 am
    ----
As I remember the original G.I Joes they were just a little shorter than Barbie. I think that was a big mistake. I never had any, I went for the 'Green Army Men' instead.

#6: Re: Check out this scratch built T-28 Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:55 am
    ----
- bsmart
As I remember the original G.I Joes they were just a little shorter than Barbie. I think that was a big mistake. I never had any, I went for the 'Green Army Men' instead.

You totally missed some interesting scenarios there, Bob...like "G.I. Joe" visits the House of Pain in Hamburg on leave (or Amsterdam, or Saigon, whatever) but you know how precocious some kids can be. Shocked

[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/22/24477147_9885c207c6.jpg?v=1120836820[/img]

Well, back to topic. Mr. Green

#7: Re: Check out this scratch built T-28 Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:18 pm
    ----
i guess i just looked at the pretty pics doug, i didnt bother to read it myself.
i will go back and look at the site again...
just glancing i thought it might have involved kit bashing as the one M4 had fenders for the HVSS, but had VVSS... okay then.

#8: Re: Check out this scratch built T-28 Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:45 pm
    ----
i had been curios as to the project as i have been working on a few 1:8th vehicles myself...

#9: Re: Check out this scratch built T-28 Author: armourguy PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:13 pm
    ----
I see that my model found its way to this great forum. Thank you every one for the compliments. The model is not a kit bash, but is scratch built in 1/6th scale. The model weighs over 100lbs, and took 4 years on and off to construct from start to finish. The model is made to disengage at the side skirts, so that the model can be displayed in transport mode. The model also features a form fitting suspension that functions like the real tank. The figures in the photos are not vintage gi joes, but are new better detailed 1/6th scale (12 inch) figures from Dragon. The other models are also 1/6th scale, and are not 1/16 scale tamiyas. You can follow the tank's construction via the link below.

www.eastcoastarmory.co...rchive.htm

#10: Re: Check out this scratch built T-28 Author: Hellfish6Location: Orlando PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:14 am
    ----
What is that German heavy tank next to it?

#11: Re: Check out this scratch built T-28 Author: armourguy PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:20 am
    ----
The german tank by it's side is the Prosche VK4502. Turm Vorne. The tank is the Porsche King tiger prototype. This was the vehicle that was turned down in favor of the Henchell design by the German army. All remaining turrets intended for the Prosche Hybrid found their way onto Henchell bodies. A handful of the Porsche tanks saw action, but none are known to survive.

#12: Re: Check out this scratch built T-28 Author: Cloudy PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 2:41 am
    ----
That's an impressive job on the T28, armourguy. It's just plain big!

#13: Re: Check out this scratch built T-28 Author: rynokiLocation: Australia PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:16 am
    ----
Not only great work on the models, but excellent staging and photography. Cool Cool

-> AFV News Discussion Board