Saturday Night Race!
-> FS2004

#1: Saturday Night Race! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:24 pm
    ----
Yep, thats right! This Saturday night at 9:00 PM EST, JG300 will be hosting a good ol' race session in FS9, on EXOS' server.

This will be using the "race" option in FSHost, and the course will cover the span of a handful of airports in close proximity to each other.

We're toying with the idear of X-Gyro racing, and have a download pack for it for any who would lke to attend...should be a hoot!

More info to follow, and check the calandar - see ya there!

#2: Re: Saturday Night Race! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:44 pm
    ----
OK all, I submitted it to the event calendar (not showing yet) and here's the info:

JG300 will be hosting this race at our Pigsty, which if ya don't know is KORS field on Orcas island in Vancouver. Ascout's scenery for our home base is in the download section which you can get to by going to this link:

com-central.net/index....amp;cid=16

Also, the race stead for the evening will be the Unreal Aviation X-Gyro (wheeled version), which also has many different add-on liveries.

To save everyone time, and to make sure the skins all match up correctly in MP, an "EZ" install pack has been assembled for it, and it's strongly recommended to download and install even if you already have the base plane (included). You can grab it here:

216.176.86.154/jg300/EZ_X-Gyro3.zip

We'll announce the IP of the server shortly before start time - hope to see many of you there!

#3: Re: Saturday Night Race! Author: JG300-EXOS PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:47 pm
    ----
The password for Saturday night will be "race".

#4: Re: Saturday Night Race! Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:04 pm
    ----
SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUWEEEEEEeeeeeee
Fun times at the STY!

#5: Re: Saturday Night Race! Author: JG300-Dan736Location: Burlinton Ont PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:18 am
    ----
Will try to be there

#6: Re: Saturday Night Race! Author: JG300-EXOS PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:57 am
    ----
I forgot : the first hop is a water runway, so either we use the x-gyro with floats (wich actually can land/take off on floats, on asphalt) or the Aviat Husky...

..Or should I modify the first hop and make it a ground runway?

#7: Re: Saturday Night Race! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:51 pm
    ----
Hmmm....getting everyone to download the Husky at this short notice is probably not the best thing to go for....I'd think going with a land runway is the way to go, if you can.

Still starting out at the KORS pigsty right?

#8: Re: Saturday Night Race! Author: JG300-EXOS PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:03 pm
    ----
Yes, still KORS, I'll change the first hop.

#9: Re: Saturday Night Race! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:15 pm
    ----
If I have the painters out of the house in time and can get the TV hooked back up, I'll be there (the "resident alien" MUST see the NCAA playoffs!). We'll have to go to "Outback" to watch the first one and then get back in time to hook up, so it ain't guaranteed. If I miss the "call to the line", I'll understand I'm "eliminated" and will stay on the trailer....

What's the server thingy, I don't have that.

#10: Re: Saturday Night Race! Author: JG300-EXOS PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:01 pm
    ----
Scout : server IP is 24.200.139.132 and the password for tonight is "race".

#11: Re: Saturday Night Race! Author: JG300-EXOS PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:32 pm
    ----
Ok, server is ready. But seems like we're only gonna have wild pigs in there... from the lack of responses... Come play in the mud people!

#12: Re: Saturday Night Race! Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:01 pm
    ----
I'll see if we can spread some lanolin on the door handles for ya..:D

#13: Re: Saturday Night Race! Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:23 pm
    ----
I'm still up at the moment but fading fast, I think the time works out to be about 5am UK time Sad

-> FS2004