Jadgtiger and M10
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Jadgtiger and M10 Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:55 am
    ----
maybe some of you guys already knew this but they have a video on youtube.com of the jadgtiger and M10... it contains footage of the surrender of the 1./s.Pz.Jg.Abt. 512. Pulling up onto the curb the jadgtiger moves out faster than i had thought the vehicle could have.
the M10 video is cheesy, and unfortunately for the americans at the time, misleading
it is all very interesting footage...
youtube has alot of tank videos...
say, the one of Tiger 131, anyone know how recent that was?
the one of the restored panther (303?), where is that, etc?

#2: Re: Jadgtiger and M10 Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:04 am
    ----
Here's the link:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hhd7PD8EGJg

Neil

#3: Re: Jadgtiger and M10 Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:50 am
    ----
- SHAWN
maybe some of you guys already knew this but they have a video on youtube.com of the jadgtiger and M10... it contains footage of the surrender of the 1./s.Pz.Jg.Abt. 512. Pulling up onto the curb the jadgtiger moves out faster than i had thought the vehicle could have.
the M10 video is cheesy, and unfortunately for the americans at the time, misleading it is all very interesting footage...
youtube has alot of tank videos... say, the one of Tiger 131, anyone know how recent that was? the one of the restored panther (303?), where is that, etc?

The Jagdtiger in the beginning is the one now preserved at Bovington and has the Porsche (damaged) running gear. And yes, that behemoth is moving pretty fast for being "slow and cumbersome".

Damaged running gear:

The footage of Tiger 131 is from Tankfest 2006 at Bovington.

Preserved running Panthers on YouTube and other sources are the Saumur, France Panther Ausf.A (turret nr.211):
www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf1KrH1ZelY
www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sYErZioqeg

WTS Koblenz, Germany Panther Ausf.G (turret nr.801):
www.youtube.com/watch?v=i129YSCL8zs
www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_ZuYstvQ8k

Panzermuseum Munster, Germany Panther Ausf.A Befehls:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dwUJEmayBQ

Kubinka, Russia Panther Ausf.G:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4SlNpZQuPY
video.mail.ru/mail/dmb...23/24.html
video.mail.ru/mail/dmb...23/25.html

Mike Gibb's Jagdpanther:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov9UdRHoaAc
www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIQYUDIjoJo
www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgiIUInNJ98
www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0NXbG3ojeU
www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6dmj2RKPUA
www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3RlTAW3A9I
video.google.com/video...4221832331

Last edited by Rikard_Hufschmied on Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:11 pm; edited 3 times in total

#4: Re: Jadgtiger and M10 Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:36 am
    ----
I wonder if there is any risk that the missing wheels could cause the other ones to break down because of the weight? And I also wonder if the Bovington Jagdtiger could be restored to running condition.. Are the engine and the gearbox still in place?

Pierre-Olivier

#5: Re: Jadgtiger and M10 Author: jtrowbridge5 PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:22 am
    ----
Pierre,
no theres nothing in the engine compartment "click on photo"
dennis

#6: Re: Jadgtiger and M10 Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:22 pm
    ----
as far as the jadgtiger, it is safe to assume that it had the same driver's controls as the tigerII? any difference in controls, etc. between the variants that had the henschel or porsche suspension?

#7: Re: Jadgtiger and M10 Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:49 am
    ----
- jtrowbridge5
Pierre,
no theres nothing in the engine compartment "click on photo"
dennis

Well, there sure used to be one (see picture). So where is it, is it on display? The Tiger I at Bovington got it's engine replaced with the Shrivenham Tiger II engine didn't it? Or was that one cut up for educational purposes?

-> AFV News Discussion Board